Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Blind Troubles

Old 08-16-2006, 12:26 PM
Fork Horn

Default Blind Troubles

I have a blind that faded out really bad and hasa shine to it now,instead of throwing i wanted to maybe spray it with something or maybe use mud, its in good working condition, any ideas??
Old 08-16-2006, 12:40 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Blind Troubles

try a dark, matte gray spray paint, and try to spray it faintly and evenly all over it....
Old 08-16-2006, 12:47 PM
Giant Nontypical

There is a soap / laundery detergent out on the market ( forgot the name of it ) I think it might be called " Nu - Camo " or something like that it's used for hunting clothes but you might be able to put this soap / detergent in a 5 gl. bucket and some water and sponge it on your blindas you would wash a car.
Another name could be" Camo - Restore "if that doesn't work theres always spray paint.
Old 08-16-2006, 03:32 PM

I fear you are out of luck. The laundry soap won't bring color that's gone back, especially to this extreme. When it fades out, it's gone. You may as well try something, right? It's no good as it is. Spray it and see what happens. It's gonna stink, though.
Old 08-17-2006, 06:53 AM

Spray paint it and start saving up for a Double Bull Matrix 360!
Old 08-18-2006, 03:14 AM

SPRAY IT AND IT WILL BE FINE AS LONG AS YOU USE GOOD COLORS.
Old 08-18-2006, 03:28 AM
Nontypical Buck

before you go about rattle canning your blind you might try this trick I use to revive faded camo clothing. it wont revive the camo back to original but will darken the faded colors enough to make the camo useable.

take the fabric skin of the blind and wash in cold water with no detergent but add some black fabric dye but not too much maybe one or two dye tablets. then rinse twice with cold water allow it to dry completely. if its not darkened enough for ya repeat the treatment untill its darkened enough. good luck
Old 08-18-2006, 03:35 AM

Get you a Double Bull Blind, and the fading, shining, non-performing blinds will be a thing of the past.
Old 08-18-2006, 06:00 AM
Giant Nontypical

Deer dont see color anyway so what difference does it make. Id say keep on using it, make sure you balend it in with some goood cover in a nice shady spot.
Old 08-18-2006, 12:12 PM
Typical Buck

just cover it with some good live foliage while out there. thats what I would try until it gets too much work. then maybe paint or buy another one.

Quick Reply: Blind Troubles

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.