HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   uncle Ted......is a piece of work..... (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/152132-uncle-ted-piece-work.html)

sarge_cbr 08-16-2006 11:59 PM

RE: uncle Ted......is a piece of work.....

go ted much respect

nodog 08-17-2006 06:07 AM

I don't like his attitude in this quote at all. It is an attitude that is found everywhere anymore. He didn't need to insult the interviewer to say what he did. To many business's are run and operated by people who share this characteristic and I for one don't like it at all. If he's trying to reach kids, he aint reaching mine if I can help it. They don't need anymore help in the disrespect department.

Killing chickens is done, true enough, I've done my share. Doing it in a flippant attitude is is also something I don't teach my kids. It's a job for the mature but not enjoyed or done to show how macho a person is. It's just a chicken and lays there once grabbed. No fight at all and nothing to brag about. I personally would rather dress and butcher a deer than prepare a chicken. It's a mess and the smell is something. Good eating and better than store bought. Just a pain.

Abuelo 08-17-2006 06:35 AM

Amazing. You guys sure don't look very high when you're looking up to somebody.

Good for the sport?While it might be entertaining to hunters, do you really think this particular remark persuaded a single non-hunter to change his or hermind abouthunters or hunting? The question offered Teddy a prime opportunity to address a major concern in the minds of non-hunters and the boy came back with a bigoted insult instead ofan intelligentanswer.

Let me put it another way. Everybody on this forum came down hard on the WHA for turning thevalues of the hunt into a promotion gimmick. Yet Teddy's made a career for himself by doing the same thing and you think he'sa hero.

wis_bow_huntr 08-17-2006 06:38 AM

Kick ass Uncle Ted!!!!!!!

hillbilly17 08-17-2006 06:42 AM

God, Guns and Rock-n-roll

Ted has influenced a lot of people to hunting. I have no problem with him speaking his mind. You all should try it once in a while. Be yourself for once don't hide behind some sort of high road attitude.

Diesel77 08-17-2006 06:43 AM

I find it kind of humorous being the intent of the question.

Ted should have asked the reporter "What do thesefamous peoplethink when they see you (reporter or poparatsi)coming"

labhunter 08-17-2006 06:43 AM

Amen Ted!!!!

GMMAT 08-17-2006 07:29 AM

From what I understand.....the comment Ted made to the REPORTER was in response to the reporter trying to blind-side Ted.....by changing the entire mood of the interview.

THAT is why he pseudo went off on the reporter.

Jeff