Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Scentlok / Scent Blocker Yay or Nay? >

Scentlok / Scent Blocker Yay or Nay?

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.
View Poll Results: A poll
Yes
57.41%
No
42.59%
Voters: 54. You may not vote on this poll

Scentlok / Scent Blocker Yay or Nay?

Old 08-16-2006, 04:44 PM
Fork Horn

Default Scentlok / Scent Blocker Yay or Nay?

Just heard a couple of complaints about carbon suits. What is everybody elses opinion on them. Also, is Scent Shield / Scent Blocker and Scent-lok two different companies?
Old 08-16-2006, 04:46 PM

Default RE: Scentlok / Scent Blocker Yay or Nay?

You already know.....

Do what you want, but a good set of camo and hunting the wind are as good as it gets.
Old 08-16-2006, 05:02 PM

mobowhuntr., ditto . ,well said!! my buddie last year bought the whole suit ., shot a 135 class buck ., i used none and shot a 135 class, and mine was alot closer shot ., PLAY THE WIND!!
Old 08-16-2006, 05:15 PM
Spike

Scent Blocker and Scent-lok are two different companies with two different approaches to scent control. The blocker does just what its name implies and stops a person's scent from getting out. Scent-lok absorbs a persons scent all together(in theory). I've heard that the scent blocker quits working after a few seasons, but this is just what I heard. I've had good luck with the scent-lok myself and haven't heard anything bad from other people. You still have to hunt the wind, but it's not always possible to stay down wind of these smart animals. I hunt a lot in Michigan's UP where its solid hard woods and the wind does nothing but swirl all day long.
Old 08-16-2006, 05:28 PM
Fork Horn

I would say it depends.I agree with Rod1210 about the swirling wind all day.Me and TreeHunter hunttogether in themountains and the wind is always swirling evenif you get downwind itends up swirling all over the place.I'm gonna be new to(ScnetLok) it this year and I think it will help in our case.If I were to hunt aflat field edge where you could really pin point wind direction I would say it mattersless but in our case I think it will help.We'll see I guess.I hope it does though.
JE
Old 08-16-2006, 05:32 PM
Typical Buck

Anyone who doesnt like scentlok probably dont do everything needed to make it work. Theres alot to it and it's all or nothing. I've had deer all around me with the wind swirling and got away with it. I think it's really worth having.
Old 08-16-2006, 10:27 PM
Fork Horn

keep it coming
Old 08-17-2006, 06:10 AM
Giant Nontypical

Stuffs junk don't buy it!
Old 08-17-2006, 06:33 AM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: nodog

Stuffs junk don't buy it!
You got any more information to go with that? The purpose of this poll is to make a more informative decision on wether or not I want to fork out the $250 for a suit. It will probably be useful for everyone else that don't have one either. So, if you could give a little explanation of your opinion.
Old 08-17-2006, 06:45 AM
Fork Horn

Buy Enigma....

Quick Reply: Scentlok / Scent Blocker Yay or Nay?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.