HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   New World Hunting Association Website (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/152033-new-world-hunting-association-website.html)

gzg38b 08-15-2006 07:00 PM

New World Hunting Association Website

Has anyone noticed how much different the new WHA website is? It mentions NOTHING about non-fatal hunting, tranquiling animals, etc. It mentions nothing about the hundreds of thousands of dollars in prize money. It doesn't show the guy dreaming about the mansion, the sports car, and the blondes as he's at full draw with a blunt tipped arrow. It doesn't remind me of the WWF anymore. The new website shows kids playing on the living room floor,aguy in a wheelchair going hunting,guys shooting their bowin the backyard, and people talking about how they got into hunting as a kid. Farbman must have hired one helluva PR firm.

Nothing will ever make me forget what these clowns are all about.He's laying low, cleaning up his image, and hoping that all of the controversygoes away as bow season approaches.

Rob/PA Bowyer 08-15-2006 07:15 PM

RE: New World Hunting Association Website

Xtec Shooter 08-15-2006 07:35 PM

Rob...you do come up with some killer smilies.

Greg / MO 08-15-2006 09:56 PM

Awesome smilie, Rob!! :D

JeremiahJohnson 08-16-2006 05:37 AM

The disabled guy is from Salem, Indiana and his brother is in my Sunday School class. WHA has dropped the darting and the hunters have been informed they will be using their own gear. So, now the format is kind of a BASS version of ranch hunting (the same ranches you see on TOC, The Men's Channel and ESPN every day). Guess the only thing that's different from other shows now is the BASS type format.

GMMAT 08-16-2006 06:17 AM

I guess this just got a LOT more expensive (overhead) for the WHA. I mean.....who's gonna pay for all of those ranch bucks?

Jeff

I'm wondering if they get the price list before they go to stand??????

kevin1 08-16-2006 06:30 AM

ORIGINAL: JeremiahJohnson

WHA has dropped the darting and the hunters have been informed they will be using their own gear. So, now the format is kind of a BASS version of ranch hunting (the same ranches you see on TOC, The Men's Channel and ESPN every day). Guess the only thing that's different from other shows now is the BASS type format.
All that's changed is that it's gone from the ridiculously repulsive to the just plain repulsive , and it's still something that reflects badly on traditional hunting and should not be supported by reputable sportsmen . Shooting livestock for money at canned abbatoirs is not something any of us should want to be associated with . [:'(]

Davoh 08-16-2006 06:38 AM

Rob said it all...

The BASS format and high fence ranches makes me ill, but at least it's something remotelysimlar hunting now. I still hate it and still will not support it or it's sponsors. [:'(]

statjunk 08-16-2006 06:46 AM

I'm not into fishing, what is the BASS format? Do they stock the lake with BASS or something?

Tom

Davoh 08-16-2006 06:52 AM

ORIGINAL: statjunk

I'm not into fishing, what is the BASS format? Do they stock the lake with BASS or something?

Tom
Tournement fishing for Largemouth bass. Heaviest limit of fish wins.

Basically my.... fish... is bigger than yours.....