Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Trail Pics Infected Doe... >

Trail Pics Infected Doe...

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Trail Pics Infected Doe...

Old 08-14-2006, 06:35 AM
Fork Horn

Default Trail Pics Infected Doe...

Take a look at these pics I got over the weekend... Not sure what is going on with this Deer but she looks Very Sick... And her Foot looks to be infected and painful... Anyone ever seen anything like this or know what could be wrong...??

Old 08-14-2006, 06:46 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Trail Pics Infected Doe...

I can't remember who told me about it but a deer had jumped a fence and snap went its leg in that area. It swelled up badly and never healed correctly, always had a knot in that area. She did fine on the three legs until the other healed enough to walk on. Nature had a way of allowing animals to adapt.

Now my take on the pic, maybe she got hit by a car and broke her leg and got all bruised up. She looks to be a tad under nourished so maybe she was hiding out because it was hard to move aroundbut I think she will be just fine!! I shot a doe a few years back that was nothing but skin and bones and its back leg was hanging by a tendon, she was hit by a car and must have been laying for some time until she got the strength to move around. She could barely move and upon skinning her, she had broken ribs, that severd leg and was bruised up so badly that she would have never made it through the winter. I took her to ease her suffering.
Old 08-14-2006, 07:20 AM
Nontypical Buck

She could have somethiong up in there that she stepped on, a cut from a fence like someone said, or maybe even a snakebite. Could be a number of things.
Old 08-14-2006, 08:01 AM
Super Moderator

I have to agree with uphunter15. She will be fine...