Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 I lost some PRIME land yesterday. What should I do? >

I lost some PRIME land yesterday. What should I do?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

I lost some PRIME land yesterday. What should I do?

Old 08-13-2006, 04:22 PM

Default RE: I lost some PRIME land yesterday. What should I do?

Thanks for all the replys.1) I have talked to her every year, sent them gift cards during the holidays and kept in touch during the summer too. I didn't seem like there wasever a problem between us. Shes very nice. 2) I couldn't help keeping a low profile from him. I had to go right past him either way. 3) I live in Michigan and this land is in Ohio. I have never met either people. Its always been by phone between me and her and only met the guy that one time. I only know his first name. That is it. I do agree the right thing to do is to meet him in person. Don't thing thats going to happen. I do know a distant relitive that I have met every year down there and do have his number. Maybe I will still write a letter to her to send to him and give the other relitive a call to feel out the situation. Maybe I haven't lost it yet. Thanks again. James
Old 08-15-2006, 05:43 PM

GOOD NEWS!!!!

Last night a got a great phone call. I got a call from the son of the lady that owns the land. Things are still good for this year. I was told that I'm on some pretty good terms. I was told that his dad really thought highly of us. I just have to stay off the 15 acres that have the new cabin on it. The rest of the 260 arces we can hunt. I am really pumped! Like I said, we shot 3 nice deer here last year. Even if we don't shoot anther P&Y buck I don't care. I have seen more bucks on this land in one 2 week hunt there then my whole life hunting "Up North" in Michigan. Well, thanks again for all the info past to me. Good luck to all!!!!
Old 08-15-2006, 05:53 PM
Typical Buck

Awesome news. Glad to hear it worked out for you.
Old 08-16-2006, 06:46 AM
Dominant Buck

Here's the part you shoud be proud of........

I was told that I'm on some pretty good terms. I was told that his dad really thought highly of us.
Congratulations. You did it "right".

Good luck.

Jeff
Old 08-16-2006, 06:59 AM
Giant Nontypical

Face to face talk is much better. Also, did you ask if he needed any help with the cabin? It's all about give and take with a lot of land owners (and I'm speaking as a land owner).