Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

DREAM SEASON

Old 08-10-2006, 10:14 AM
BDC
Fork Horn

Default RE: DREAM SEASON

No one ever said the Dream Season was on a point system or that the guy was an ebarassment.

It was a simple comparison to professional hunters and ameture hunters.

Learn to read.
Old 08-10-2006, 10:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have no problem with that attitude. Perhaps the land had some nice bucks, and the manager wanted them to wait one out. Perhaps the owners wanted them to take "monster" bucks so they could market the ranch. Hey, every deer I shoot, horns or no horns is a trophy to me.
Old 08-10-2006, 11:07 AM
Nontypical Buck

I look at it like this, if somebody invites you to hunt his land and tells you not to shoot small bucks then you should abide by those standards. I'm ameat hunter but I've had permission to hunt on some land that had similar rules and on the days that I hunted these properties I was a trophy hunter.
Old 08-10-2006, 11:17 AM
Site Buck Guru

I've seen this show twice. I don't care for it. It doesn't seem like hunting when you have people competing against each other. You start getting where people start saying, " I better take something so we don't lose". They don't care what it is. Seems to lose respect for the animal.
Old 08-10-2006, 11:30 AM

It's a good thing those two teams shot those deer it would have been a pretty boring hunting show if not because they didn't see any trophy bucks that's for sure. I'm pretty sure with there time alotted to hunt and there limited knowledge of the land and area there odd's of taking a "trophy" was slim to none. Good for them in taking some quality deer to be honest I would rather see a hunting show were average guys shoot deer like that more often.
Old 08-10-2006, 11:33 AM
Spike

Everybody buy a buck growl and I promise it will be alright.
Old 08-10-2006, 01:07 PM

The attitude of the hunter defending himself for shooting a small deer stinks. Just shows you how much respect some people have for the rules created by the landowner. I would have run the group out of town. They must must respect the wishes of the landowner. If that property wasn't for sale I am sure that owner would have stopped the hunt just based upon the attitude of the guy killing the little deer.

He just didn't care that the landowner said large old animals only!!!
Old 08-12-2006, 09:24 PM
Typical Buck

Yea, I think they should be booted off the show. To go against the landowners rules is a smack in the face to all deer hunters. Makes us look real good to the next LO we asked permission to hunt. Just immature and stupid.