Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 My shortest hunt was... >

My shortest hunt was...

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

My shortest hunt was...

Old 08-09-2006, 06:31 PM

Default RE: My shortest hunt was...

Geesh guys, I thought I held the record for the shortest hunt. Turns out I'm in like last place compared to yall. I've enjoyed reading each of your posts. Thanks for sharing.
Old 08-09-2006, 07:10 PM

it was a bear hunt ., i left the truck started down the trail there it was right on the trail., according to my camcorder it was a whole 3 1/2 min.
Old 08-09-2006, 07:28 PM
Typical Buck

Many years ago, I signed outfor an afternoonbowhunton a military base inJanuary. About 100 yds from my truck, I wasbackpacking my amacker treestand in the snow, when I spottedthe ear movement~40 yds ahead of me. I could make out a doebedded on an edge, looking away. I knew I could not take off the stand without making noise - taking time, I stalkedto within 15 yds of the doe. I figured that if I could get that close, I'd take the shot (not having practiced with a treestand on my back). She looked back at metwice during the stalk, but never made me out. I drilled her and she died only 20 yds from me. When I went backto the sign-out station,they asked me if I had changed my mind about huntingthat afternoon...
-fsh