Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 What bows are the "big three"?? >

What bows are the "big three"??

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

What bows are the "big three"??

Old 08-07-2006, 10:16 PM
Typical Buck

Default What bows are the "big three"??

I'm not a bowhunter yet. Have rifle and BP hunted since 11. Gonna get into bow hunting and can't wait to start. I want a very nice bow and I heard people on here talking about the big three. Mathews, " "" "", "" "" "". Can you guys fill in the blanks? Im sure one is probably hoyt, the other PSE maybe. Also, I'm not going to ask opinions on which is better as I've been practicing with a alright bow and I will shoot the big three to see which has the best feel to me. Thanks for the help guys.
Old 08-07-2006, 10:28 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: What bows are the "big three"??

hoyt mathews and bowtech. if money is any issue dont over look reflex(hoyt) victory(bowtech)...parker..pse etc etc.....really hard to go wrong with ANY new bow really. best advice, goto a proshop and shoot as many diffrent bows as you can get your paws on.
Old 08-07-2006, 10:30 PM
Fork Horn

everyone has they're favorites and they always seem to be the "best". A decision to buy a bow has to be made on how well you like the bow, the feel, the sound, the speed...etc. Only advice i can give is, go to a couple pro shops in your area and shoot some bows and you'll know when you find the right one...trust me.
Old 08-07-2006, 10:30 PM
Typical Buck

That would be Matthews, Hoyt, and Bowtech - in no particular order. Of course, I shoot the big 1 and that would be Pearson.
Old 08-07-2006, 10:34 PM
Dominant Buck

The big three would be Bowtech, Hoyt and Mmmmmmmmmmmm. BUT, I shoot a Darton. I love it and won't change. I can afford any bow I want, therefore I bought the one I liked best. Doesn't get much simpler. They all work just fine. You can have a great bow if you buy anything mid range price and up. PSE is probably the worlds best for service and their bows are great. They've just lost a lot of ground in the last few years. The products are still superb. Don't limit yourself to the "TOP THREE". You might miss out on a real love affair. Shoot several.
Old 08-08-2006, 01:08 AM
Nontypical Buck

Mathews, Hoyt, and Bowtech.

I have a few buddies that shoot PSE's next to me, and they all sound like 22 shorts going off when they release, absolute joke of a bow if you ask me.

I shoot a Hoyt only because my buddy who was a Mathews dealer folded up shop, and the only other guy in my area that knows anything is a Hoyt dealer, so I am trying them out.
Old 08-08-2006, 06:32 AM
Giant Nontypical

You really can't go wrong w/ most of the bows manufactured these days. Most of the hype and adverstisements are for Hoyt, Bowtec, & Mathews.
The PSE lines (PSE, AR, & Browning) are starting to get more publicity these days.

They are all very good bows. It should just come down to a personal preference... Look at the variety of different bows everyone replying to this post shoots.
I personally shoot a Mathews now, but have owned and liked Hoyt & Archery Research.
Old 08-08-2006, 08:57 AM
Typical Buck

I have a pse baby G right now thats about 5 yrs. old. I know it gets better than that. Ive just started to get good form down and are able to pattern half decent groups, well I can land em all on the target anyways usually. I wont walk into the woods until I know i can make the shot. But Im going to be ready by next season, hopefully. I havent tried a hoyt yet, have tried a switchback and it blows the old pse away. I want to try the hoyt trykon and bowtech bows also. Maybe new pse. I want a real quiet and lightweight bow. Has to be really smooth. Put simply, i want the best!
Old 08-08-2006, 08:58 AM
Fork Horn

It would be Mathews Hoyt then Bowtech in that order.
Old 08-08-2006, 09:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have owned and hunted with PSE, Hoyt, and Mathews (in that order chronologically). They are all good, but in all honesty I think that the Mathews is the most forgiving of the three.

Quick Reply: What bows are the "big three"??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.