Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Worst hunting show >

Worst hunting show

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Worst hunting show

Old 08-09-2006, 11:00 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Worst hunting show

I sooo wish somebody would front me the money to star in a show called. "Average Guy Hunting," where we took a camera into the gamelands, put our stands up and hunted the deer/turkeys that any Tom, Dick or Harry could go chase for just the cost of a license.

No bait, no fences, no product placement, no built-in advertising, no elite ranches, no pretending,no special lodging -just staying in a tent or cheap motel, driving to the gamelands and hunting.

Maybe a little tutorial in the beginning of every episode "Hey, this is a map of the area - here's the food, here's the bedding area, the wind is blowing this direction, and this is where we'll be set."
Old 08-09-2006, 11:43 AM
Typical Buck

Exactly.... I cant stand for somebody to kill a deer or any kind of animal and stand over its body and try to promote something. Damn its like they just hunt to make money and not enjoy it.I would like to start a show called Average Joe and send about 5 groups consisting of 2 ea into regular woods with bow/gun and camera. No advertising just hunting. let them shoot a doe or 2 every now and thenand a few small buks maybe some spikes and stuff. Not everybody has the chance to kill a montster, me for one, I like to watch hunting that I can relate too. I dont know if any of you had seen the first SWD by ralph and vicki, but the last deer on the video he shot a small buck right under him. To me I felt closer to that bowkill of his than any other. Just my 2 cents...
Old 08-09-2006, 11:54 AM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: quiksilver

I sooo wish somebody would front me the money to star in a show
ORIGINAL: quiksilver

no product placement, no built-in advertising
You cannot have one without the other. Without the advertising, there is no money.

Maybe if The Outdoor Channel would switch to a premium channel format (HBO, etc), they could afford to run these programs without the plugs. Of course you would have to pay the extra $ to watch them.

Old 08-09-2006, 12:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

The guy from ohio who hunts deer on a deer farm with tags in their ears , forget his name , he shoots a high country .

Allso the jimmy houston travisty , and his bud hank parker is guilty by assiciation . Houston sould be baned , I know I signed the petitions after the 60 foot cage hunt/trail , hope he got a big fine since he was making money off it to boot.

I dont realy care for the waren bros , but they are honest about what they do , that is hunt fenced properties , lots of texas and africa is like that nowadays , Jimmy houston is on another level though , has lost all respect .
Old 08-09-2006, 12:25 PM

I cant stand knight and hale. I saw david take a shot at a buck that was extremely quarting too and hes like well we shot this buck quarting too because its the only way that we could get him on camera, but we made a perfect shot so its fine. He hit the deer like square in the frickin brisket!!!!. I would have much rather seen him pass on the shot and let the buck walk, show the new hunters how to take ethical shots.

Some of you guys say Drurys push thier products, but knight and hale and realtree and every other outddor company does. Drurys are number one in my book, They flatout know how to lay down some of the best footage year in and year out
Old 09-11-2006, 07:56 AM

Reading this thread makes me realize I don't know which shows I really like.

It's so hit and miss.

I despise the all ad-spot shows where every other word out of their mouth is a product they're hawking.

You can also tell the game farms, ranches, outfitters, etc. are starting to back off giving them the run of the place. I know last year there were tons of shows with people shooting "cull" deer. Deer that were either past their prime, or had some other issue. Well, obviously the guy stocking and tending the herd said....you ain't paying, you ain't shooting the crop that some other bugger would pay top dollar for.

I guess in the past, I liked team Fitzgerald, but recently...it's 'bout average. Beyond that... I don't pay close enough attention to who's who. I look at the scenery, and all-too-often find myself studying the editing, ie... why is it lighter when the guy finds the deer than when he shot it?

Oh...and you're right about never calling "bad" shots. I've seen enough where I immediately said "gut shot" but they seem to retrieve it quickly without effort.....ya right.
Old 09-11-2006, 08:12 AM
Spike

I have to agree with Carphunter that I find myself paying more attention to the editing, and once you do that you begin to wonder if you are seeing one day's hunt or a blend of 2-3 days. And how many camera's do they put in a tree - I mean I see the shot of a guy drawing his bow, then the animal being shot? If there is only one camera, how is that possible with the movement required.

With all the reality show popularity, why hasn't someone come up with a hunting show that is a comprised of real hunters videoing their hunts - I'll take a average to poorly shot REAL hunt over these "High Quality" shot ACTED shows any day!