Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Just Chrono'd my XT >

Just Chrono'd my XT

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Just Chrono'd my XT

Old 08-06-2006, 08:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Just Chrono'd my XT

I agree dump the tubeget a different style peep like the G5 Meta peep, you also might be able to take off the leeches and still have aquiet bow(that tubing isloud). Any way the Switchback that I shot was super quiet with nothing on the string but a loop and a peep. Youhave a possibility of picking up over 10fps if you do this.

Your XT may not be the fastest bow in the stablebut it is still a great piece of equipment.
Old 08-06-2006, 08:53 PM
Giant Nontypical

krabbie, I agree with my counterparts here... a Fletcher Tru-Peep or something similar would probably be a much better choice... Though you should probably get a better string if you decide to do that, to cut down on peep rotation.

As Antler Eater said though, nice bow. Shoot something big with it this fall!
Old 08-07-2006, 04:11 PM

Bowtech Tribute, 74 lbs, Gold tip 5575, 100 grain fieldtips, Quickspins, 28" draw--305 fps!
Old 08-07-2006, 07:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

Don't be that upset about it. I shoot an Outback set at 64 pounds with 28in arrows that are about 425 grains with the tips. Of course I have a loop, g5 peep, kisser and a WB.. I shot it through the radar today and I'm right at 244 fps..
Not the fastest but easy to draw, quiet, somewhat heavy game arrow, and easy to control for good accuracy. More than enough KE to kill whitetail. Probably enough for Elk, although if I did go Elk with it I'd probably crank er up to 70lbs..
Your good to hunt so have fun and good luck...
Old 08-07-2006, 08:05 PM

You may want to take offthe peep tube. You shouldn't get any peep rotation if you take it off.Also, you may want to check the cam timing on your XT. Go to the Mathews forum andfind out what speeds other XT owner's are getting with similar setups.
Old 08-08-2006, 01:22 AM
Nontypical Buck

If it was me I would be disappointed. I was shooting a Browning Tornado last fall with 27.5" Carbon Express arrows, 100gr tips, at 28" draw length and 65lbs and making 256fps thur the chrony.

Once I chrony my Hoyt Trykon with my new Axis arrows I will post it up.
Old 08-08-2006, 05:07 AM
Giant Nontypical

Does this sound good?

PSE NOVA S4
65#
30 Inch Draw
29 inch Easton XX75 2314 4 inch feathers
100grain tips/broadheads
Kisser, Peep, and leaches
WB
Chronoed at 276.2fps
Old 08-08-2006, 08:01 AM

You are shooting a heavy arrow at 60lbs - thats why its not shooting fast.

But it is shooting what it should be shooting

You want faster - up the poundage or go to lighter arrows
Old 08-08-2006, 09:05 AM
Fork Horn

thanks for the advice everyone. I knew the 350 Maximas were a little heavy but according to the chart I needed 350's if I ever went up to 65# so that is why I went with them. I may try that G5 peep also. I left it cranked up to 72# with a 271 fps speed but I am not that accurate at that weight so I will probably go back down and just get a lighter arrow.
Old 08-08-2006, 09:19 AM

If you do a search on FPS on here you'll have enough BS to read through by the time your done bow season will be over, it's been said before and I'll say it agian, if your super accurate with 60lbs leave it alone,,,,10 fps or even 20 fps isn't going to mean squate if you miss what your aiming for, I still get a kick out of people who get so caught up in FPS,,,,,you can kill a deer with a clean shot with a bow that shoot's 170 FPS. In closing I'll just say I'd rather be accurate than fast any day.

Quick Reply: Just Chrono'd my XT

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.