Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Urinating in the woods? >

Urinating in the woods?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Urinating in the woods?

Old 11-06-2002, 01:28 PM

Default RE: Urinating in the woods?

I have had more deer visit mock or real scrapes after I pee in them than I have with scent drippers! I have had success after relieving myself in the vicinity of my stand. I will add that if I could I would still avoid it because I am worried about scent, maybe because I haven't been seeing deer! I think if I was seeing deer I would be less worried about scent.
Old 11-06-2002, 04:08 PM
Giant Nontypical

Yep, unzip and let 'er fly! I do usually pee away from the side of the tree I'll be climbing down later. I've read all the reports too, and firmly believe human pee doesn't scare deer.

Discipline -- not desire -- determines destiny.
Old 11-06-2002, 06:18 PM

i think it would probably depend on what you ate or drank lately maybe? if you had been eating vegetables and fruits and meat, and drinking plenty of water, it probably wouldnt matter at all. it would smell like any other animals pee.
Old 11-06-2002, 07:07 PM
Fork Horn

I agree with huntman to a point. But i also think that human piss will not alarm deer unless you are kicking another type of un natural scent on your boots, like gasoline, or other smells related to humans. Basiclly, if you are scentloked or clean with clean rubber boots and piss in a scrape, i don't think it would be a problem. The deer will just think it was another animal.
Deer are very curious animals don't forget!
This is a very interesting topic, i like reading the responses.

Brian
Old 11-07-2002, 08:38 AM

Piss is piss. I found no harm in my times i did it. I also watched a TV program a long time ago about the doe pee issue. It stated all pee turnes to an ammonia type of smell in time. This guy put out an actaul cup of houshold ammonia in a deer farm during the rut and filmed a buck go nuts over it. dont know if i would try that but i have thought of trying to find a lab that makes those synthetic pheromones and trying to add it to some doe pee to see how that would work.
When you buy doe pee you never know what your getting anyway are you?? could be dairy cow pee for all you know but if you could actually add pheromones to it i wonder if it would be lethal to bucks. Any thoughts?
Old 11-07-2002, 12:19 PM

I urinated from my tree last year just 2 minutes before an 8ptr. walked under it. He seemed very interested in the smell and stayed there for quite some time. As he started to walk off I took him.