Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

BowTech Bows

Old 08-06-2006, 08:17 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: BowTech Bows

Mobow, you talking about these?

Old 08-06-2006, 08:50 PM
Giant Nontypical

I'd just rather have two BowTechs, Rob...

The Tribute and the Allegiance, respectively.

Any specific questions, pparish?
Old 08-06-2006, 10:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

I bought a Bowtech when they first came out...was the first one in my "gang" to have one. Took some heck cause no one heard of it before. Now everyone has one and I am on my third...soon to buy my fourth (Allegience)...

Pro= just about everything
Cons= as far as I can find...none
Old 08-07-2006, 08:47 AM

ORIGINAL: Greg / MO
Any specific questions, pparish?
No, not right now.
First, I need to find a dealer close enough to me that has what I want so I can see if it "fits".
Then, I'll some questions.

Thanks for all the input so far guys.
Old 08-07-2006, 11:27 AM
Giant Nontypical

OK, I'll just give you some of my general impressions after being a single-cam shooter, and specifically a shooter of Mathews bows, for six years before switching to BowTechs... Specifically, I shot an MQ-1 (some say the finest bow Mathews has ever produced) for five years, and -- more recently -- the new Switchback XT.

If you're used to the draw experience of a solocam, the binary cam draw curve will feel quite different at first, simply because it "ramps up" a lot quicker. Some people absolutley love this; for some, it takes a bit getting used to.

I will tell you that the draw stop peg, and its accompanying infinite adjustability, is the best feature I've felt on a bow when it comes to how the draw ends up feeling. You can pull hard into the wall, and your draw length will be exactly the same shot after shot. Obviously, consistency of form is one of the key criterion in the quest for accuracy, so that's a big bonus.

I love the fact that the binary cams' biggest feature is that the cams are "slaved" together, meaning any imbalances in the system get auto-corrected. BowTechs also come with some of the finest strings any manufacturer puts on their factory bows, meaning you're going to experience little to no string stretch, virtually no peep rotation after you've "shot in" your string, and you're not going to drop another $50-60 on a set of strings for a bow you've just dropped $600-700 on.

I also think the grips are some of the best on the market, as I used to remove all my factory grips on my Mathews and replace them with aftermarket grips by Tronjo.

Best of all though is the fact I love shooting a machine that is every bit of smooth as my old bows while generating approximately 25 fps more with the same arrow. It's not that I'm necessarily a speed freak, but that speed factors into kinetic energy, thereby allowing me to shoot a heavier arrow at close to the same speeds I was achieving previously, but all the while packing a bigger punch.

Hope that helps somewhat; those are my personal observations and reasons for shooting the equipment I do these days.
Old 08-07-2006, 02:14 PM
Typical Buck

Bowtech has stepped up and created a bow for every possible shooter or situation. they have combined some so you get smoothness/ speed / shootability etc. Basically there should not be a bow in the line up that will tickle your fantsy........also check the Diamond line up. I have a Diamond victory, a tribute in max 4 an allegiance in HD green, a Chrome old glory and a max four old glory..........yes I have a problem. But I just cannot help myself.....enjoy your search.[8D] I cannot wait till next year already!!
Old 08-07-2006, 05:39 PM

Good information Greg/MO. Thanks.
I'm shooting a twin cam design right now, so the draw curve issue will not be an issue with me.
I just found a shop fairly close to me that has them in stock. So hopefully within the next few weeks I'll be there trying on some bows.