Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 my trykon is going back to hoyt >

my trykon is going back to hoyt

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

my trykon is going back to hoyt

Old 08-08-2006, 01:38 PM

Default RE: my trykon is going back to hoyt

ORIGINAL: outdoorsmen
somehow they even got my address and mailed me another ad and a mathews sticker...."return to sender" took care of it.
Crap! I would have sent you a couple bucks for that!
Old 08-08-2006, 01:38 PM

don't get you feathers all ruffled. I didn't say that the mathews was an inferior product. I repeated what I was told. sorry if you were sensitive to that subject. but i guess you could also take from what i said that my 6 year old high country is the s**t since i still have it, but you negleted that point. the word "mathews" perked your ears, obviously . relax I'm nottrash talking, but if i were it wouldn't be on their product, it would be their advertising propaganda. the constant shoving their products down you throat. somehow they even got my address and mailed me another ad and a mathews sticker...."return to sender" took care of it.
I know, it's unbeleivable that a company would actually advertise their own productAnd a free sticker, what the HELL is wrong with them, how offensive!
Old 08-09-2006, 08:44 AM
Nontypical Buck

I believei will call hoyt on monday and give them my opinion.
Well did you call them yet? If so what did they say?
Old 08-09-2006, 02:04 PM
Typical Buck

yeah i called them. the costomer service guy i spoke with was not overly friendly, sounded like like he just woke up. he told me that it won't take till mid september. the tech guys have alot of bows to work on right now and they will get to mine and it won't take that long.
I told him this is my first Hoyt experience and he said that "yeah it could have happened to anybody with anything. I just bought a new plasma tv and after a few weeks it depeloped spots on the screen and i had to have it worked on. it happens all the time with cars."
Old 08-09-2006, 02:51 PM

outdoorsmen you are one of many that I have heard string problems with Trykon. Mainly lots of noise issue that stem from loose or stretchy strings.

I talked to two dealers and they both said the strings have some sort of problem and Hoyt started making their own and the strings are not high quality like the rest of the bow.

I don't have a Hoyt and have nothing to say bad about them but there is a track record all over about a string issue. Just my .02

Old 08-10-2006, 07:58 AM

yeah i feel like I'm taking it up the ***. the bad thing is that the guys at the store are kinda friends of mine. I mean i have done business with them for 10 years and they know me by name. I don't think they would do me wrong...but then agian I don't really fully trust anybody.
Some friends. Sounds like they're not doing you any favors.

If they are friends that's all th emore reason I'd be frank with them and tell them I need a new bow NOW!
Old 08-10-2006, 08:38 AM
Nontypical Buck

they call hoyt cause they have never seen this happen before on a hoyt. they have seen it all the time on MATHEWS. mathews has extremley thin metal in their cams and when the string comes off the cam gets bent or shaves the metal off.
Bull###t, I must know at least 20 people who own a Mathews bowand a friend of minerunsowns thesporting goods store that is the local Mathews dealer in my area. I've never heard of any such problem nor have I had any such problem myself.

but they sell about 20 hoyts for every 1 mathews now.
I'm not knocking Hoyt bows (I used to have a Razortec myself) but I've never seen Hoyt bows outsell Mathews 20 to 1 anywhere. Comments like this and the bogus slur about Mathews bows jumping strings off lead me to believe that these guys are either some terrible lying b#####ds or just full of more s##t than a Christmas goose.Whatever thecase I'd trust a Kleptomaniac crack wh##e with my credit card before I'd trust their word on archery related matters. Get yourself a new proshop.