Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Montecs or Nitrons? >

Montecs or Nitrons?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Montecs or Nitrons?

Old 08-03-2006, 08:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Montecs or Nitrons?

I was shooting my nitrons with my field points tonight and they group the same right on out to 40 yds. Both broadheads have the same cutting diameter. I don't think you can go wrong with either but I've had excellent accuracy with the nitrons.
I agree! My Nitrons fly just like my field points out to 40yrds, which is the farthest I have tried them.
Old 08-03-2006, 08:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

My first year shooing Montecs, so far so good... Montecs here..
Old 08-04-2006, 02:34 AM

Now,are the Montecs "NAP" sharp right out of the package ??.I did'nt think so...
Old 08-06-2006, 06:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

Well I went to Bass Pro today (big sale and my wallet took a hit). Anyways I had both the Montec and the Nitrons in my hand and was impressed with the look of both. The Nitrons seemed a little small to me so I bought the Montecs.

I took them home and instantly screwed them on to my arrows. I have to say I was concerned about accuracy, but I was pleasently suprised. I saw no difference between the Montecs and my field points from 30 yards and under. Even at 40 yards my groups were still outstanding compared to my old heads.

They past the first test, now I just have to wait till October to see how they punch a hole through a big 'ol buck.
Old 08-07-2006, 09:31 AM

You'll be pleased with the crimson trail that the montecs leave. It takes a few yards for it to start a good trail like most do, but you will havea red carpet by the end. I just bought 9 more Montec 125 gr. G5's and a dozen Carbon Express CX300's on Saturday. I know what you mean about the wallet taking a hit. I've spent around 10 grand this summer on home improvements and that has put a damper on my hunting equipment purchases. It's all good. Good luck and you won't be sorry about your purchase, I guarantee it.
Old 08-07-2006, 02:16 PM
Typical Buck

I will be using the Montecs from G5 and the strikers and the tekan II's I hope to show success pics of each. I really like the accuracy of the fixed blade montecs.
Old 08-07-2006, 09:14 PM

It will be my first year shooting montec 125's. I like how they're all one piece and easy to sharpen. Hopefully I'll be posting on here some pic's of this years hunting season with them.