Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 is kansas worth the long drive >

is kansas worth the long drive

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

is kansas worth the long drive

Old 08-03-2006, 05:34 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: is kansas worth the long drive

ID give upmyleft nut and make the drive myself to have the op to hunt kansas, oh of course id want to hunt with The Nuge
Old 08-03-2006, 05:57 AM
Typical Buck

As a life long resident, I have hunted quite a bit in state but never hunted whitetails out of state so I don't really have anything to compare it to. I can say that while I feel like I have access to 3 really good whitetail properties, I have only taken 3 P&Y deer in 23 years of bow hunting. Not quite what it looks like on TV. I would say that if you have an outfitter that has property w/ animals like what they tend to show on TV it would be worth the trip from anywhere, I just don't believe there are as many out there as what the TV shows would have you believe. I would check out alot of sources before you plan a trip and don't expect open arms from local hunters as many are getting pissed because they are loosing access to their traditional hunting areas due to leasing by outfitters wanting to take advantage of the rush to hunt Kansas.
Old 08-03-2006, 06:21 AM

Coming to Kansas to Hunt?
If you need information on where to hunt in Kansas. check out KansasHuntMaps.com They have clear color aerial photos of all2,500 walk-in public hunting sites covering over 1,000,000 acres in Kansas.Check out the ground cover, do your scouting from home. If you need GPS coordinates to help you find these areas, They also have them available.
Check it out.
If youhave private land, custom aerial photography also, very cheap.
Old 08-03-2006, 07:20 AM
Nontypical Buck

Kansas isn't quite what it seems when watching hunting video's. The big bucks aren't around every corner like everyone things. The state isn't quite what it used to be, when comparing it to hunting 5-10 years ago. Unless you're with an outfitter or have access to good private land, killing a big one with a bow is tough. When comparing Kansas to other midwestern states (Iowa, Ill.) Kansas hasjust asbig of bucks, but not as many deer.
Old 08-03-2006, 07:35 AM
Fork Horn

The land i would be hunting is private land.
Old 08-03-2006, 07:40 AM

Does this question even need to be asked? Here's my answer NO Just tell me where it is you're supposed to go and set me up and I'll drive all the way from NC to go. All kidding aside, hell yes I think its worth the drive, but like I said if you don't want to go PM me and I'll set it up so I can take your place
Old 08-03-2006, 07:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

WOW! Those 2 bucks are monsters! 154 8 point. That is amazing. Anyone in Kansas lonely and need a hunting buddy?
Old 08-03-2006, 09:36 AM
Nontypical Buck

Man, if you've got private land and the owner, or whoever has invited you is telling you they have some deer...you just have to go. If not for yourself, then the rest of us.
Old 08-03-2006, 10:58 AM
Fork Horn

yes the owner told me to come anytime, his land is more in thenorthwest part of kansas is that a good place for bowhunting whitetails, i know nothing about kansas only what i've seen on tv.
Old 08-03-2006, 11:25 AM
Fork Horn

If you do go, and you probably should... (these opportunities don't come around too often, and 10 years from now you would be saying, "I could have done that once...") Take your shotgun, if you do tag out you can have some awesome bird hunting too. And that will be like TV.

Quick Reply: is kansas worth the long drive

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.