Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 How many Does... >

How many Does...

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

How many Does...

Old 08-02-2006, 09:47 AM

Default RE: How many Does...

Here in the county I hunt in Minnesota we can shoot 1 buck and 4 does. This year at least.
Old 08-02-2006, 09:56 AM
Fork Horn

Here in Indiana you can shoot over 200 does...if you wanted. Each county has a limit though of 1-4. Once you reach your limit in one county you simply move to the next and fill your quota there. Before anyone from IN chimes in to tell me I'm crazy please check the new regulations as it changed this year.
Old 08-02-2006, 10:12 AM

three bucks and three does as of this year.
unless you are on a DMAP program which gives extra tags to clubs that are trying to manage their herds for a better buck to doe ratio.
Oh yea the state is Louisiana!
squirreldog

Old 08-02-2006, 10:26 AM
Boone & Crockett

I don't know how many PA guys responded, you can't take any unless you apply for and get a doe tag, now you can also apply for different areas and multiple tags to a certain number if I'm not mistaken...

I haven't applied for a tag for many years. I've been satisified with taken my archery buck only. I may however apply this year, I'm not decided.
Old 08-02-2006, 10:27 AM
Fork Horn

White-tailed Deer - Archery Season: October 1 - 30 (no antlerless permit required except on MLD property); General Season: November 5 - January 1; Special Late General Season: January 2 - 15 (antlerless and spike bucks only). Bag limit: 5 (no more than 2 bucks, all seasons combined).

In Edwards County, Tx on Tx Parks and Wildlife website. They havn't updated for 06-07,but Idoubt it'schanged.

HOWEVER, Property rules are 1 Buck and 1 Spike/Antlerless per Person.
Old 08-02-2006, 10:59 AM

In MAssachusetts you can shoot as many antlerless deer as you have permits for.

There is no limit to how many permits you can purchase but they have a limit on how many they will sell for each zone. Some zones sell out in the first day, some don't sell out at all.

I've never taken more than two deer in a season, but I buy a couple extra permits each year just in case.
Old 08-02-2006, 12:10 PM
Typical Buck

Here in south western CT theres no limit. You get 2 either sex & 2 antlerless tags with your license & all the replacement antlerless tags you want. You bring in a doe & get a new tag. Last year every third doe you got a replacement either sex AND an antlerless tag, I imagine it'll be the same this year. I believe this is only along the shore. Inland counties get just the 2 either sex & 2 doe tags.
I shoot a bunch of does, dont see a problem if they dont go to waste. I gave 4 deer away last year & we ate 7.
Old 08-02-2006, 01:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

In Louisiana it's always been a 6 deer limit. You could kill 6 does if you wanted or 6 bucks, ora combination. We have had designated doe days. During archery only season, which is the first three weeks in Oct., you can take either sex. There is a muzzleloader week in Oct. also and either sex may be taken. Gun season opens Oct. 28 so it now has to be a doe day to kill one. This has all changed now. This will be the first year where La. will regulate the buck harvest. Only three bucks may be taken in a season now. We will no longer have either sex days. You can take 6 deer in a season, all methods of weapons combined Oct.1-Jan 31, and no more than 3 may be bucks. There is no restriction on antler size though. That's probably coming in the future. I personally try to take two does a season during the archery only season. I don't like taking does after late Oct. The bucks here where I hunt will rut anywhere from late Oct. to the second week of Nov. and then may have a secondary rut late Nov. or early Dec. So, if you kill 6 does, your season is over. Of course we all know there are hunters who will exceed the legal limit. There is no tagging system in La., so I know there are a lot of hunters who take over the legal limit. I'm not one of them.
Old 08-02-2006, 01:35 PM
Giant Nontypical

It varies in PA depending on where you hunt and buy tags for. Technically I could buy as many do tags as I want in one of the special regs areas. Typically I get 5 doe tags and try to fill all of them. This year I may try for another area and get 6.
Old 08-02-2006, 04:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

In MO unlimited doe tags for most of the state, $7.00 each. I usually take 5-7. But there are some guys who are hired by cities or subdivisions to thin the herd, that kill 70 or more a year. NO KIDDING I AM SERIOUS.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.