Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 How Hunt-Crazy Are you... >

How Hunt-Crazy Are you...

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

How Hunt-Crazy Are you...

Old 08-02-2006, 01:14 PM

Default RE: How Hunt-Crazy Are you...

I'm alittle different. I don't get all that crazy in the off season, Which is where I should, But come about the first of Sept. some sort of switch flips and all I can think about is deer hunting. Last you I hunted every day but 5 days. Our season is from Oct 1to Dec 31. Literally if I'm not working I'm in the woods. Sometimes I'll even go at work. I manage a sand and gravel mining operation. Whe have some nice deer. There is 1300 acres at just the site I manage. The company ownes another 8 sites!!
Old 08-02-2006, 01:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

Well...during duck season, I'll get to sleep around 2am, get up at 4am, and go stand in near freezing-cold water, for about an hour before daylight, to maybe shoot 5 ducks.

Man, that pumps me up and sounds like fun...hurry up and get here duck season (and cooler weather.)
Old 08-02-2006, 01:22 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: GR8atta2d

I jeopordize my job and my familys welfare and income by hanging out on this board while I should be working ..Just to read what you yahoos are doing!!

[align=center][/align]
You're not alone GR8......
Old 08-02-2006, 01:38 PM

A few of the things I have done validating my illness.

There was a great stand location, I had permission to hunt, on the other side of a small river. The walk in was to far to drag a boat or canoe and the spot was really good. So I'd strip to nothing, put all of my gear in a stashed little pool float and swim across to my stand. In November.... in New England.

I "used" to be married to a woman who gave me hell for how much I hunted.....

I AM married to a woman who knows when special draw tag applications are due.

I have antlershung everywhere; including my son's nursery.

My only real "requirement" in our home purchase was that I could access good hunting ground out the back door.

My financial advisor is a hunter, and I met him hunting. Same with my insurance guy and bought my truck from one, my dentist....... you get it.

Ifa dogdoesn't point, flushor retrieve (or do all 3!) it is not getting a free ride under my roof.

I scrape dinner dishes for bear bait.

I fill 1/2the dump's paper recycle bin with my old hunting magazines each week.

My hunting photo album is much thicker than mytoddlers baby book.

Those are just a few things.....