HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   What a great store (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/150057-what-great-store.html)

MNpurple 08-01-2006 06:00 PM

What a great store

Almost exactly 2 years ago I bought some Danner Pronghorns from Cabelas. In those 2 years the things have really fallen apart, they leak just terrible (despite Gore-Tex) and the seems at the base of the tongue have split on both boots. I worked these boots hard but also took care of them with leather treaters and kept them clean and really expected to get more than 2 years out of a $150 boot.

Today I went to Cabelas to buy some new boots and the Danners were in my truck, soI thought what the heck, I'll see if they stand behind their product. I took the boots in, no box, no receipt and they took them back no questions asked and gave me an in-store credit. I couldnt believe it. It just reaffirms why I purchase most of my gear from Cabelas. Great Store who treats their customers right. I picked up some Meindl Ibexs in return.

bowhuntinoh 08-01-2006 07:06 PM

RE: What a great store

now thats customer service

JLmoore1956 08-01-2006 07:37 PM

Yepper I like Cabela's too. I was thinking of whether to hit Bass Pro in Auburn, NY or Cabelas in Hamburg, PA. Bass pro is closer when I get home, but I asked a question email and no answer. So I will spend the time to drive to Hamburg and guess Bass Pro can loose the couple hundred I will be spending, or more to set up my back up bow....their loss! [:@][&:]

RackLuster 08-01-2006 08:09 PM

you must have been in my neck of the woods (my house is toooo close to the rogers store). i would have never thought to return boots that were 2 years old. Your typical store would laugh at the thought. i wonder where cabelas draws the line?

my only problem with cabelas is their consistently high prices. I suppose they have to make some money to build the specatcular stores and allow returns for 2 year old boots.

Might Mite 08-01-2006 09:31 PM

Great people there at Cabela's . Just had one built near my house recently...now the wife never sees me.

Iowa Monsterbuck 08-02-2006 03:52 PM

I returned some of their Comfort Trac boots this spring that I had worn a couple of seasons but were not holding up very well. They didn't give me a full refund but gave me a partial and I was able to replace them for very little because they had them on sale. Great company to deal with!

nodog 08-02-2006 04:46 PM

Good deal MN.

early in 08-02-2006 05:08 PM

Cabela's rules, can't beat thier selection or service.;)

BamaHuntin 08-02-2006 05:13 PM

Dang,who do they think they are Wal-Mart?Wal-Mart would take back a dirty diaper.
Good for you though.

aeroslinger 08-02-2006 05:15 PM

Cabela's has really impressed me. Not one complaint so far. Stand behind their products, no questions asked. As far as pricing, I'm sure some stuff may be high but everything I've bought from them was competitively priced.