Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Pendulum Sights- Which One? >

Pendulum Sights- Which One?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Pendulum Sights- Which One?

Old 07-28-2006, 06:22 AM
Spike

Default Pendulum Sights- Which One?

I'm again thinking of going to a pendulum sight. I hunt 99% of the time out of a treestand with my bow and I know people who swear by them and I know people who swear at them.

For those of you who have used them or who do use them----I'd like some feedback.

Thanks,

Spring Tom
Old 07-28-2006, 06:29 AM

Default RE: Pendulum Sights- Which One?

I had a savage pendulum for 5 years and it worked great. I got it from Cabelas for $70.00. When I got my new bow I bought a new Trophy Ridge Mantis pendulum. What a big difference, the field of view is much better with the Trophy Ridge. Plus it has a feature that you can lock down the pendulum for when you are on the ground. Mine is sighted in at 25 yards on the ground and its deadly accurate out to 35 yards from your tree. If your going to hunt mostly out of a tree the pendulum is the way to go. Once your zeroed in and you see that buck put that pin on the vitals and it will hit every time. Pendulums are great!
Old 07-28-2006, 10:52 AM
Typical Buck

I also favor the savage pendulum,and I'm thinking about going back to them.No problems ever from them.I also tried kellers,and one called the eliminator,but the savage was the best by far.What I disliked about the kellers is that when you turn the light on it washes away the image beyond the pin.Where as you could still see the deer,but with it on you can't see beyond the sight when you look through it.Hope I helped.
Old 07-28-2006, 11:06 AM
Nontypical Buck

I use regular and pendulum sights on different bows but for tree stand huntinga pendulummakes life much easier for me. I have owned and shot a few different pendulums like the Keller, Savage and Trophy Ridge Mantis which is the only way to go if you dont mind spensing a little extra money. It was worth it without a doubt IMO. My Trykon is good from straight down out to 30 yards with one pin, and past that I only need to hold up just a tad because I wont shoot past 40 anyway. What more could you want.
Old 07-28-2006, 02:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

If you go savage make sure you pay up for one with a metal sight guard. The plastics are noiser & not as rugged.
Old 07-28-2006, 02:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

I own a Keller, which comes with a light. Don't know if thats important to you. I needed it last fall in a real low light situation. It helped(Dead Deer)
Old 07-28-2006, 04:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

SAVAGE HANDS DOWN. Been shooting with them for 10 years!!
Old 07-28-2006, 04:30 PM
Banned

Pendulum sights; which one? None IMO. Why? HCH
Old 07-28-2006, 04:32 PM
Giant Nontypical

I like the savage pendulums.
Old 07-29-2006, 02:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

I don't shoot one, but know three guys that shoot a Keller and they all like them. I guess it is in what you like.

Quick Reply: Pendulum Sights- Which One?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.