Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Can't express the importance enough >

Can't express the importance enough

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Can't express the importance enough

Old 08-01-2006, 10:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Can't express the importance enough

I know. I had an uncle killed while hunting 11 years ago. Now with kids of my own, I take my safety a little more seriously and wear one.
Old 08-07-2006, 12:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

I only have one hang on stand in my colection now. Call it age or smartness, I like the ladder stands. Two hands and feet on it all the time, no where near as slippery as a wet tree branch. I use to be the monkey, not any more. Ladder stands and a climber are the only stands I like to sit in, with the harness. I have one of thoes vests with the harness in it, its comfortable and makes it easy to have on every hunt.

Dump the hang on stands with the gut hook foot pegs, be safe and come home to the kids and family.
Old 08-21-2006, 04:22 PM

It wouldn't be a bad idea if the companies that made tree climbers, lock ons, and ladder standswould insert true testimonies of hunters who had and had not used their safety harness during a fall. I believe it might make a those who don't reconsider... Just my thought on the subject.

"we should never learn about safety by accident"
Old 08-21-2006, 08:08 PM
Fork Horn

remember after you fall and your harness is used to catch you its a pretty good idea to get a new one as it will be weaken from the fall
Old 08-22-2006, 12:45 PM

Safety is so important! Thanks for the reminder.

I never climb or descend without my full harness secured to myself. A few years back I left it at home by mistake. I only climbed 10 feet off the ground and I was nervous all day and did not enjoy the hunt. Next to taking my bow and license, my harness is the next thing I make sure I have with me!
Old 09-01-2006, 12:37 PM

to this day i have never worn a safety harness last year i slept in my stand everyday but havent fallen out yet

Old 09-05-2006, 01:55 PM

There is a post on this in the regular forum as well, but I just bought one of those fall guy retractor systems for the ladderstand I use most frequently. Sure it costs a bit more than the basic harness, but I'd rather pony up the money to be connected to the safety strap 100 percent of the time from when my feet leave the ground til when I climb back down again. At just over $100, you have to ask yourself is your life worth that? Mine is.
Old 09-06-2006, 03:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

pat..ur 100% rite
Old 09-09-2006, 10:24 PM
Fork Horn

Well glad your okay and i will remeber this post forever!!
Old 09-15-2006, 11:22 AM

Hello every body,
I am new here but I thought I might share this story. About 3 weeks ago a Freind of mines son went out on a saturday morning to do some work on his box stand. He left on the 4-wheeler with a bucket full of tools, saftey harness and a 22. pistol (plenty of snakes down here) After a few hrs he did not come home, so his dad went to go get him. Sadly he found his son lying on the ground, his saftey harness still on the four wheeler. John Paul Thibideaux died at the age of 14 as a result of falling from a treestand that was just 8 ft high......Man that will wake you up!!! Please, wear your harness, someone at home is waiting for you to come back. Set an example for the future generation of hunters, trust me they pay attention. I once for got my harness on a hunting trip a couple hrs from home, my son had his, I told him "Ill be ok" he said "wal-mart has em and there open 24-hrs a day."......from the mouth of an 8 year old!!!!! needless to say I went and bought one.

Quick Reply: Can't express the importance enough

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.