HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   Finding the right tree for my tree stand... (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/149127-finding-right-tree-my-tree-stand.html)

mobow 07-25-2006 06:55 PM

RE: Finding the right tree for my tree stand...

Mergrath337 07-25-2006 08:01 PM

Holly Mary Mother Of GOD!!! If that picture is all due to a Lone Wolf tree stand...i'll take 500 please.

I ended up with a Gorilla stand based solely on $. I figured it wassmarter to go with a cheaper stand for a couple years than my wife wanting a divorce. I have spent some serious $$$on my first year bowhunting but at least I bought a BowTech!:)

RDHunter 07-26-2006 03:19 AM

Bloodbro
Your such a show off I'm just GREEN with envey but your right, you ca explane it in so many ways.
But a picture can sat a thouusand words.
Nice collection of mounts CONGRATS.

G2 Shooter 07-26-2006 07:40 AM

I agree with Deerdust. I use an Ameristep hang on and their rapid rails. I have gotten into some weirdly contorted trees and setup. The rails allow you to manuever around branches and bends to get to a good part of the tree. Try to set your hang on on a fairly straight part of the tree.
Since you are using sticks and a hang on, you shouldn't have any problems finding a tree. If you were using a climber, it would be more difficult.

ilovehunting 07-26-2006 09:36 AM

I just look for somthing that is reasonably straight and healthy and let my self adjusting gorilla climber do the rest.

deerdust 07-26-2006 02:36 PM

Bloodbro, that is an impressive aray of mounts. The info I was giving him was based on the type of stand and sticks he said he had to use. Which would also apply to most hang-on stands and sticks on the market. Except maybe Lone Wolf..lol

Bloodbro 07-26-2006 03:17 PM

Deerdust,
No offense was taken. Just trying to get my point across. Seems like Guys will pay anything for a bow, or a scent free outfit, but really skimp on quality on treestands. In my opinion, if you aint in the right tree, a billion doller bow ain't going to do you any good. I use that stand and stick combo to slip into staging areas very close to the bucks bed, 1/2 the deer I shoot get up within view and some get out of there beds within bow range. If I made one metalic noise, or creak, it would be over. I give that stand, way more credit than my bow. ;)

nebraskabuckhunter 07-27-2006 10:14 PM

well i tell ya what i have the same problem the perfect spot is usually very uncomfortable but if i have to freeze my butt off and sit uncomfortably for hours on end then i will do that.