Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Copper John,TruGlo,Cobra or other sight? >

Copper John,TruGlo,Cobra or other sight?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Copper John,TruGlo,Cobra or other sight?

Old 07-22-2006, 08:50 AM

Default RE: Copper John,TruGlo,Cobra or other sight?

i used to have a copper john on my old bow and loved it. i bought a new bow this year and originally i had a cobra sidewinder on it. but i couldn't get the elevation set screw tight enough and ended up ruining the sight by trying to crank the screw down as tight as i couldcobra said there wasn't anything they could do. so i junked the cobra sight and bought a montana black gold skylight and it is the brightest sight i have seen so far. the sidewinder is second . i would suggest comparing all the sights you like head to head in a darker than under flourescent light setting.
Old 07-22-2006, 03:59 PM

i have a cobra sidewinder 3-pin and i really like it. It is very well built and bright. But as with anything, look at everything thats out their and ask lots of questions and make the best choice for you and your current equipment.
Old 07-22-2006, 07:54 PM

I also shoot left handed.Does that mean that the bubble level will be on top of the sight instead of the bottom?

Old 07-22-2006, 09:34 PM

I just bought a site and I can not comment on how it will perform yet but so far so good. Here is what I did. First I asked the experts here what they liked. The common site they liked. Well they were mixed. Much like what your seeing here. I took my paycheck and headed to local dealers, Gander Mountain, Bass Pro Shop and Cabelas. I knew from what the pros said the most common features were metal frames and adjustment to windage and elevation and most important was low light visibility overall. I found the three or 4 sites I liked and held the together against the same color backdrop. The one I walked away with was a Cobra Sidewinder but that does not mean it is best only that I liked it. Take the time to look them over and find the one you will have confidence in. One thing I can say is the team here on this website are awesome and have great advise.
Old 07-22-2006, 09:36 PM

You know I am consistant Site = Sight