HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   Who Got You In (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/148561-who-got-you.html)

jag-mag 07-19-2006 10:05 PM

Who Got You In

Who got you into bow hunting? Nobody in my family bow hunts at all, or gun hunts deer except me and my kids. A friend at work talked to me alot about bow hunting and he told me that it is the most satisfieng form of hunting there is. One day I stopped at a archery shop to look around and left with a pse nova, I am hooked for life and so is my 2 oldest son and my youngest son is getting a bow this year.:)

lte_622 07-19-2006 10:09 PM

RE: Who Got You In

watched a episode of Roadtrips with waddell in the milk river and was hooked after that

Matt/TN 07-19-2006 10:24 PM

my stepdad got me in about ten with a pse nova

Dr Andy 07-19-2006 10:33 PM

Goose and duck hunted a property 10mins. from my home. One guy also bowhunted that property, I figured what the heck, so close to home, I decided to give it a try. Best decision I ever made!

Mergrath337 07-19-2006 10:58 PM

All on my own! I've got family members that rifle hunt but no bow hunters. Stopped by a bow shop one day and got hooked for life!:)

Chuck7 07-20-2006 01:24 AM

Two years ago I was visiting a man frequently who was dying of cancer. He gave me a beat up old compound Darton bow as a gesture because he knew I hunted. Through many ideas I got on here and other hunters locally, I decided to invest my time learning to use a bow. I like it alot.PLUS....it gives me extra hunting/ scouting time in the WMA in which I hunt.
c7

FroMan 07-20-2006 02:05 AM

G-Dawg02, a buddy of mine who happens to be on the board once every blue moon, got a crossbow from a pawn shop back when we were in the 8th grade or so.

I scrounged around and came up with a crossbow that was my Great Uncle's before he moved on, that my Grandpa had at his house...an old PSE Foxfire.

We started shooting crossbows and eventually made the progressive switch to compounds...neither one of us has ever looked back...

DaveC 07-20-2006 02:58 AM

Myself, 18 years ago (dang I'm getting old:() I loved to hunt and wanted to be in the woods any way possible. Bow season is one month longer than the rest of deer season in TX so that's why I started.

GregH 07-20-2006 04:02 AM

My dad got me into it in the early 60's, when I was 5 or 6. I still think it's the coolest thing ever, as my 18 year old son has now taken 6 bucks and 4 does. It's a family tradition.;)

gregholland 07-20-2006 04:29 AM

My buddy at church got me into hunting