Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Who Got You In

Old 07-20-2006, 05:12 PM

Default RE: Who Got You In

No one in my family hunts, but I learned to fish the saltwater from Dad. I had a oppurtunity to hunt pheasant in Illinois. It was a hell of a lot of fun running after those birds. So I decided to pick on something my own size. If I'm going to hunt Florida whitetail and hog I figure why make it easy when I can turn this into on hell of a challenge and really earn each kill. A few months a go I got a recurve off ebay after doing a lot of research. I tried shooting it. I can actually hit pretty consitently out to 20 yards. On a good day I can shoot 3-inch groups or better. That's with no sights. I've scouting my chosen area and we'll have to see how well I do when season gets here.

I'm hooked for life just like fishing.
Old 07-20-2006, 05:58 PM

My dad and uncles
Old 07-20-2006, 06:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

change that my sisters bf did
Old 07-20-2006, 06:29 PM
Fork Horn

back in junior high we had a gym teacher that loved to let us kids shoot the school long bows i loved it. then my uncle got in to bow hunting when i was about 15 i rember shooting thos long bows and my uncles awsome storys from the woods (he was very in detail) so when i turned 17 my uncle gave me his high country extreme 65# max bow and have been hunting every year after that
Old 07-20-2006, 06:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

My dad and uncles have bowhunted together for over 30 years. I remember being a kid and wishing I could go to deer camp with them. Dad got me my first bow when I was 8 - a Fred Bear junior compound. I bowhunted with my dad when I was 12 and 13 but got too busy during high school and college. Three years ago we both got back into it again and I'm hooked for life this time. I'm 30 now and there's nothing I'd rather to than sit in a treestand during bow season. I strictly bowhunt now, even during rifle season. The best part is sharing the entire experience with my dad. We never had a whole lot in common growing up but now we are closer than ever because of hunting.
Old 07-20-2006, 06:59 PM

My working buddies all got me hooked onbowhunting about five years ago.
Old 07-20-2006, 07:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

mY GRANDPA AND UNCLES WERE ALWAYS BIG HUNTERS. gRANDA GAVE ME MY FIRST bROWNING BOW AT 10 AND TOOK ME TO West Virginia.
Old 07-20-2006, 08:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

I don't know if we've seen this one yet...but my wife. Six years ago she moved me out on her family farm. There were tons of deer literally in my backyard. So, on a whim, I thought I might try deer hunting. She was supportive. I had never hunted at all, fished and loved the outdoors, but no hunting. So, I picked up a bow which to me was safer than a gun due to horses also occupying the farm and months of practice (perectionist), second morning a 128" buck. I was addicted...I live and breath it now.Ofcourse, it drives her nuts.A set of binoculars at three points in the houseand hours of practice. Gotta love theirony.

You know, I came on this site about the same time as I was warming up for my first season to learn a thing or two. Thanks guys.

Kelly
Old 07-20-2006, 08:24 PM

I got my self into bowhunting. I just couldn't stand having only on week to hunt.