Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Who Got You In

Old 07-20-2006, 07:07 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Who Got You In

I got me into bow hunting. I wanted a longer season. Now I just like archery because I dont need to go to a range to practice.
Old 07-20-2006, 07:11 AM
Nontypical Buck

Nobody in my family hunts at all. My dad got me into fishing at an early age though and I gained a great appreciation for the outdoors. When I was a kid, some of the older kids got into trouble with the law for doing stupid stuff with their bows, and one of their parents gave me their kid's stickbow. I must have been about 9 or 10. I used to tell my parents that I was going hunting, and they thought it was cute. Well, I used to go and nail cottontails, lol. Many years later I finally got into bowhunting on my own.
Old 07-20-2006, 07:13 AM

My dad got me into it and now I am hooked, more like obsessed.
Old 07-20-2006, 07:16 AM
Giant Nontypical

My Dad.
Old 07-20-2006, 08:18 AM

My dad and Papaw got me hooked when I was about 7. I shot a Fred Bear youth bow. They had a nice indoor range set up in the barn with lights and everything. Only problem is you only have about 25 yards to shoot.
Old 07-20-2006, 08:20 AM
Nontypical Buck

When I was little, my dad used to bowhunt, and of course we all gun hunted. I used to watch him practice and help him pull arrows. In high school/college I didnt' have much time with football but now that I am done with that, I have lots of time so I am back into it hardcore now, but my dad was the instigator!
Old 07-20-2006, 08:27 AM
Fork Horn

BUCK442 on this site got me into bowhunting, I had hunted deer with a rifle in MO, and he always talked about the deer he had taken with a bow. Another thing that got me into the sport was the longer season, anything to extent my time in the deer woods. Now I am addicted and count ever day till season. ~Jeff
Old 07-20-2006, 08:37 AM

ORIGINAL: lte_622

watched a episode of Roadtrips with waddell in the milk river and was hooked after that
People around here laugh at me when I say I wanted to start bow hunting because I got hooked on watching Waddell bowhunt. He looked like he was having the time of his life and he got so excited ... they laugh because my husband and his friends are avid bowhunters but I got interested because of Waddell!!! Seriously, when hubby and them were practicing and setting up it looked like all work. I was never there when they shot something so how did I know the exhiliration of hitting something that close? Whew what a misconception!!!

Shannon
Old 07-20-2006, 08:38 AM
Dominant Buck

I did .
I got tired of sitting out the first six weeks of our deer season while others got to hunt , and the state I live in doesn't allow crossbows during the early archery season . I can't honestly say that I love it , but at least I'm out there instead of sitting at home wishing I was hunting something besides squirrels .
Old 07-20-2006, 08:41 AM

my dad use to hunt with a bow, but when i was around 11-12 years old i just had an urge to shoot a bow and spend more time in the outdoors.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.