Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 favorite climber??? >

favorite climber???

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

favorite climber???

Old 07-19-2006, 06:33 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: favorite climber???

I love my Hunters View Hawk climber, i can sit in it all day long and feel 100% secure and safe. This year though im getting the Summit stirrups to put on, im so sick of the straps. But then again, arent we all.
Old 07-19-2006, 07:18 AM
Fork Horn

I have a summit viper but I'm eyeing up the lone wolf alpha hand climber. 14.5 lbs!!! I think I'm going to try it. But I like the viper.
Old 07-19-2006, 07:29 AM

I really like my Ol Man climber. I hear they are back in buisness.
Anyone seen the new ones yet? They are supposed to have a aluminum
version.
Old 07-19-2006, 08:02 AM

I had a buckshot by bigshot or was it a bigshot by buckshot? Can't remember...It was nice but was heavy and time consuming on setup and tear down. Bought a Summit Viper and love it. Much quieter, easier and lighter.

Other postes have interested me in the lone wolf but I probaly won't be leaving my summit for a while.
Old 07-19-2006, 08:16 AM

My Summit Python. They do not make it anymore but it doesn't have a bar in front of you either.
Old 07-19-2006, 08:29 AM
Super Moderator

Lone Wolf Alpha sitnclimb
Old 07-19-2006, 10:19 AM
Nontypical Buck

I just picked up the Equalizer and like it alot. Real quiet and safe with the leveling system. Also locksin real solid and you can use it facing towards or away from the tree.
Old 07-19-2006, 11:28 AM
Nontypical Buck

Lone Wolf, like the name says!
Old 07-19-2006, 09:04 PM
Dominant Buck

This does have a climbing aid, doesn't it? If not how does a one piece get up a tree? Just curious.My brother uses a loggy and I have used it, a 2 piece I would call it. It was all right. We looked for a newone at a show and all they offered wasone with a seat that looked like it would hold about a half agallon of water on a rainy day. He was disappointed.
Yes there is a climbing aid. I bought it with my last one thinking I'm getting older and it would help in the climb. Hated it from the get go. Used it three times and gave it away. I can get it back if I do need it in my greying days.

To get up a tree with one piece is very easy. Even easier when getting down. You just shimmy up by hugging the tree and pulling your legs up. I tell you I feel much more secure hugging that tree. To get down on most trees (12" in diameter)I do a fireman slide to the bottom. I can climb trees from 18" down to 8". Like I said why would you want two pieces verses one?
Old 07-19-2006, 09:28 PM
Fork Horn

What is your favorite climbing stand to bowhunt out of????
Mines the one where all the big bucks walk by

I don't use climbers only hang-on's and ladder stands, might try a climber some day though

Quick Reply: favorite climber???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.