HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   Whisker Biscuit making noise??? (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/148388-whisker-biscuit-making-noise.html)

fatsbucknut 07-18-2006 12:14 PM

Whisker Biscuit making noise???

I'm sure this has been touched upon before so i appologize for the repetiveness. My buddy uses a WB and loves it but it makes a screaching noise when he draws back. How can this be cured? He heard about spraying teflon on his arrows but i wanted to check on here for ideas. Thanks alot guys.

Zach

GMMAT 07-18-2006 12:33 PM

RE: Whisker Biscuit making noise???

There will be people here that will tell you that he doesn't have the right size......doesn't have it tuned.....is a dumbaxx.....etc.....

BUT.....

I quit using the WB for this EXACT reason. I usecarbon arrows.....and I'd worked hard to get my stand NINE YARDS from a good, active srape. When the 6-pointer I was drawing down on heard the arrow come back through the WB....he went on full alert. I tried one other time to draw on him....but the WB was making a VERY slight "dragging" sound (like a straw broom on a concrete floor)....and I WAS right on top of him.

I went and had a drop away put on THAT DAY.

I've been called everything from someone who knows nothing.....to an idiot by members of this forum......but I was the only one there. I know what happened.

i have NOTHING against the WB.....as it's on my son's Illusion, right now. It's just not for me.....for this ONE reason.

Jeff

Mergrath337 07-18-2006 02:39 PM

I have the same issue with my W/B! I'm going to the pro shop Friday to try some of the Easton carbon arrows with the smoothe finnish. I was told to try that or put a very small piece of felt over the black whiskers. I'll let you know how the arrow test goes Friday.

Trembow 07-18-2006 02:42 PM

Your buddy doesn't use X-weaves by any chance does he?

HuntingEd 07-18-2006 02:48 PM

I had the same problem, that and many other factors caused me to switch to a drop away. And i havnt looked back.

early in 07-18-2006 02:49 PM

Mine is real quiet, no problems with my WB so far. I love it.:D

DannyD 07-18-2006 02:53 PM

I was using gold tip carbons in RT hardwoods camo and they were noisy on the draw. I was told by someone in this forum that the camo finishwas more noisy than the black
I now shoot the black gold tips and they are very quiet.

Howler 07-18-2006 02:56 PM

i have NOTHING against the WB.....as it's on my son's Illusion, right now. It's just not for me.....for this ONE reason.
So, are ya just setting your son up to experience one of your very own failures, OR is he not hunting yet?

partsjay 07-18-2006 03:17 PM

I use one....no problems for me yet...shoot maxima hunters...very quiet.

MOTOWNHONKEY 07-18-2006 03:19 PM

Thats what wb's do is make a little noise. The arrow won't fall off though so you have some good with bad. A good fall away rest will hold a arrow pretty steady.