Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Whisker Biscuit making noise??? >

Whisker Biscuit making noise???

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Whisker Biscuit making noise???

Old 07-23-2006, 10:21 AM

Default RE: Whisker Biscuit making noise???

Has anyone tried the w/ Carolina's waterproofing agent that has noise? I was going to try a WB, but now have second thoughts. Just want to know if the waterproofing has worked?

Thanks
Old 07-23-2006, 10:35 AM

i have used a wb on both of my last 2 bows and haven't had any noise come from either one.
Old 07-23-2006, 10:41 AM

ORIGINAL: real1

Has anyone tried the w/ Carolina's waterproofing agent that has noise? I was going to try a WB, but now have second thoughts. Just want to know if the waterproofing has worked?

Thanks
Use it for what?
Old 07-24-2006, 05:58 AM
Giant Nontypical

"Read what I wrote........I wasn't talking to the original poster."

Kind of my point.

"Saying a rest makes noise when an arrow gets dragged over it is like saying grass is green..........it is not unique to the WB or any other rest for that matter. The arrow has to drag over something during the draw cycle and the friction it encounters will emit some level of sound........that is just a fact. If it is a problem for you then you must find a way to eliminate this friction........mole skin, fork tamers, sprays, etc."

Let me clarify the issue then.TheWB makes noise like others do (different kind, like one said a broom going across the floor) but unlike others the posters have no idea what to do about it. You can't cover the thing with any skins or put tamers on it. Then guys like you come along and say,What noise?, I've never noticed any noise I'd be concerned with!And you take the debate away from the issue (what can I do?) and try and make it they all make noise,attempting tomake the thing laughable. You defend the thing like you've got money invested in it. I don't get it or any denial that it doesn't make an offensive noise. Too many guys have claimed it does. Over courseit won't for some, many different shafts out there and some finishes are much better than others. Maybe they should come up with an approved package deal... disk, vanes and shaft all in one instead of letting guys plunk down cash on things that won't work.AND AVOID ALL THE NEGITIVE COMMENTS THAT CAUSE SO MANY TO GET EXCITED. They won't do that though because if guys new they were not just buying a rest but new shafts and vanes of only a certain kind it's sales would drop like a rock. That's the archery shuffle that most new guys learn about eventually.

It's that there is no fix that guys have a problem with. The best I could do was to wax the arrow smooth when I shot one. And, I suspect that they get filled with dirt or dust from the shafts which causes them to get louder, but it's just speculation.

For the record my forks came coated like a finger nail, out of the box and anarrow makesvery little noise while a waxed shaft is almost silent, not just none that concerns me. I can only hear it because it's next to my head. Never have done anything to the forks, although they are becoming worn and will need some attention, but there is a fix.
Old 07-24-2006, 09:25 PM

ORIGINAL: nodog

"Read what I wrote........I wasn't talking to the original poster."

Kind of my point.
What do you mean "kind of"?

Let me clarify the issue then.TheWB makes noise like others do (different kind, like one said a broom going across the floor) but unlike others the posters have no idea what to do about it. You can't cover the thing with any skins or put tamers on it.
I have seen WB's with mole skin over the firm black bristles. I wouldn't do it.......but I have seen it.

Then guys like you come along and say,What noise?, I've never noticed any noise I'd be concerned with!And you take the debate away from the issue (what can I do?) and try and make it they all make noise,attempting tomake the thing laughable.

I'm not trying to make anything laughable........What do you expect me to say??.......I have shot the WB with multiple arrow finishes using both the old all black disc and now the newer disc.....I have used just about every vane out there and I am sorry but I do not hear any noise that I would even begin to worry about in the woods. Couple that with personally seeing and hearing 5 other bows (all different) shot using WB's on a regular basis and seeing and hearing the exact same thing then I refuse to call that a coincidence. I find it VERY hard to believe that me, my brothers and my good friends just all happened to get the only quiet WB's in the world. We don't armour all our arrows, use sprays, or any other stupid gimmicks and we have no problems killing deer.

You defend the thing like you've got money invested in it. I don't get it or any denial that it doesn't make an offensive noise. Too many guys have claimed it does.

Again.........who cares?? EVERY rest makes noise when an arrow gets dragged over it. Some people choose to focus on the couple of people who want to blame every time they get busted on a piece of equipment instead of just admitting it was their fault.............I tend to focus more on the THOUSANDS of animals that are dropped year in and year out by this rest that makes a so called "offensive" noise.

I have heard so many drop aways click, bang, drag, and pop it is rediculous.....they are without a doubt some of the most troublesome noise makers out there...........which is why you see more mole skin and crap wrapped around them then any other piece of gear. Prong rests???......sound like nails on a chalk board. To make an attempt to label the WB as a "loud" rest.........especially compared to what else is out there IS laughable IMO.

Maybe they should come up with an approved package deal... disk, vanes and shaft all in one instead of letting guys plunk down cash on things that won't work.

Can you please explain why you doing exactly what you just whined about earlier is now OK??? I told you that I have shot my WB with multiple finishes and still not heard this "offensive" noise yet you seem to want to ignore that and continue to imply that only a select arrow finish will work with a WB. What were you saying about changing the subject and trying to make it laughable??

AND AVOID ALL THE NEGITIVE COMMENTS THAT CAUSE SO MANY TO GET EXCITED. They won't do that though because if guys new they were not just buying a rest but new shafts and vanes of only a certain kind it's sales would drop like a rock. That's the archery shuffle that most new guys learn about eventually.
I don't even know what you are trying to say here........it appears you don't know much about the WB at all if you think you have to buy special gear to make it work..........now THAT is funny.............and your comment about their sales "dropping like a rock" drips with resentment and jealousy...........don't wish bad things on others.........be happy for them and wish good things on yourself. Pick yourself up instead of trying to tear others down.

For the record my forks came coated like a finger nail, out of the box and anarrow makesvery little noise while a waxed shaft is almost silent, not just none that concerns me. I can only hear it because it's next to my head.
Same as the WB............what is your point?
Old 07-25-2006, 09:28 AM
Fork Horn

What I think they're getting at is the fact that it's easier to solve the noise with other rests than it is witha WB.

Why is everyone getting so up in arms about this. There is no perfect rest. We're all(most of us anyways) adults, so we can let it go and remember that "different strokes for different folks"
Old 07-25-2006, 10:47 AM

ORIGINAL: Davoh

What I think they're getting at is the fact that it's easier to solve the noise with other rests than it is witha WB.
My view of the WB is that it IS the solution to a draw noise. I have never heard a WB make a noise on the draw that would spook a deer. I shoot one, both my brothers do as well and both my hunting buddies now.......that makes 5 WB's that I hear all year in my backyard range......all on different bows, all with different arrows. We don't do any modifications at all and we have absolutely zero noise problems...........not even an issue IMO.

I shot a drop away before buying a WB.........it had all sorts of noise issues. The arrow banging on the riser.....the forks popping up and then slamming down on release. I had that rubber arrow holder on my riser......it didn't work very well at all and then just fell off one day in the woods. I also had one of the forks fly out and land on the ground one day while practicing. That is all trouble I don't need to be worrying about in my stand.

I have seen all the pics of mole skin and wraps and so on with all kinds of different rests and I don't view that as an easy solution. What happens when it rains and that mole skin gets matted down by water?........will you have the same point of impact?? What happens when it freezes and now your arrow is dragging across that??.......what kind of noise will that make? How about when you are walking through the woods and a twig snags the mole skin and peels it up or maybe the adhesive just comes loose and it begins to move around??...........what does that do to your accuracy?? I know I sure don't want whatever is holding my arrow at full draw to be moving around and changing randomly.

I laugh when I see people inventing all these reasons why the WB is not a good rest..........because all I see is more and more of them showing up on hunting bows. I started out with mine and when my other buddy finally chucks the POS Bodoodle prong rest he fights with every year that will make 5 people that are close to me who have.........one by one seen how well the WB performs and decided it was a much better option for hunting then what they were shooting............I can't possibly imagine why they would all do such a thing if the rest was loud or didn't work.

Our WB's alone have put down 15 deer in the last 3 years............and we are just 5 guys bouncing around the woods in NY. Imagine how many fall to WB's around the world EVERY year..........not bad for a loud rest that doesn't work.

Old 07-25-2006, 11:10 AM
Dominant Buck

NOBODY said the rest didn't work, Atlas. It works, just fine. It just doesn't in my (and I don't know......"MAYBE" I could get 4 buddies myself.....so that WE could call ourselves '5', too) mind work as well as the one I NOW have (and I started with the one you like....and ditched IT).

If I said my rest turned arrows to gold on the way through......you'dcomplain about it being a long walk to the bank to cash 'em in.

Jeff
Old 07-25-2006, 11:31 AM

I had to drop to a smaller dia. arrow to stop my slight slight noise. it wasnt enough to amke me wanna get rid of the WB. plus i can still use the bigger arrows for hogs.
Old 07-25-2006, 11:38 AM
Banned

http://www.huntingnet.com/forum/tm.aspx?m=1612429 HCH

Quick Reply: Whisker Biscuit making noise???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.