Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 A fawn with spots in november? >

A fawn with spots in november?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

A fawn with spots in november?

Old 07-17-2006, 09:58 PM
Fork Horn

Default A fawn with spots in november?

I know I'll probably get some crap for bringing this up now. But I hunt in North Central Texas and last deer season, about mid november, I saw a fawn with a doe and the fawn looked only about 3-4 weeks old and still had spots. Have ya'll heard about or seen a fawn this young in november? If ya'll think I'm full of it i'll scan the pics of it from my Stealth Cam and post it. What do ya'll think?
Old 07-17-2006, 10:04 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: A fawn with spots in november?

I have seen some that you berley see the spots but it didnt look like a little fawn
Old 07-17-2006, 10:08 PM

I would almost believe anything. My dad hit a nice buck in January a few years back on his way to work and it still had velvet, along with his antlers to say the least.

Call me a liar but its true.
Old 07-18-2006, 06:04 AM
Nontypical Buck

Any idea what the buck to doe ratio is where you hunt? Maybe the ratio is out of whack enough that the breeding of all does is getting spread way out, with the end result of very late births!
Old 07-18-2006, 06:12 AM
Nontypical Buck

2 YEARS ago in late Sept. I saw a VERY little fawn with faded spots in PA.
Old 07-18-2006, 06:19 AM
Boone & Crockett

I've seen fawns with spots/nursing in the begining of Oct but never in Nov. I'd imagine tho with Texas having a longer and different breeding season/rut than the nothern hemisphere, it could be possible.
Old 07-18-2006, 07:11 AM

It happens. Last year, opening day of gun season in Missouri, which is the
middle of Nov. I had a young fawn covered with spots come by my stand.

Old 07-18-2006, 09:06 AM
Fork Horn

I've seen the fawn and mother several times. I can tell the fawn is going to be a buck and it is smarter then the mother. When I see them the fawn knows something is up and will sometimes run off while the doe has no idea I'm there. Maybe that little guy will grow up to be a monster. Are buck to doe ratio is a little whack with about 2 bucks to every 1 doe. Even in our trail cam pics there are so many more bucks then does.
Old 07-18-2006, 09:16 AM
Nontypical Buck

Ive seen it in Maryland several times. I posted pics of fawns with spots lastOctober. They were feeding in cut corn which was cut in the Middle of October.

Old 07-18-2006, 01:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

Twice in my 30 year hunting career I've seen small spotted fawns during hunting season. It surprised me to them that small in the fall.

They say if a doe is not bred, she will come back in estrus 28 days later, and if not bred then, she will come back in in 28 more days.

6 month old does will come into estrus much later in the year sometimes, way after the rut is pretty much over.

Quick Reply: A fawn with spots in november?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.