Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Outdoor Life Bow Test 2006 >

Outdoor Life Bow Test 2006

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.
View Poll Results: A poll
Wow, they did an exhausting test with good results!
6.67%
Lots of bows...not so much good info.
53.33%
Lots of bows...but way off base on the reviews.
33.33%
Where was ______ bow? (please list)
6.67%
Voters: 15. You may not vote on this poll

Outdoor Life Bow Test 2006

Old 07-17-2006, 08:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Outdoor Life Bow Test 2006

I just got the newest issue of Outdoor Life and this one has their bow test for 2006 in it. Lots of bows, lots of information. Many bows outside of the big three manufacturers. You other guys that have seen it, what do you think?
Old 07-17-2006, 09:19 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Outdoor Life Bow Test 2006

Haven't seen it Mike, I'll try to pick it up, thanks.
Old 07-17-2006, 09:27 PM
Giant Nontypical

what bows are in it could someone list>
Old 07-17-2006, 09:45 PM
Fork Horn

You realize of course you can't put any faith in these type of reports. I ask you, have you ever seen one of them come out and say, "this thing sucks". Have you ever seen them print, "Save your money and take your wife to dinner". I've been watching this garbage come out for about 30 years and they've never given a bad report to anything. Worse yet, they've never said anything like "This is the one". They're all advertisers. They all give the script to the publications(or websites). These in debth reports are never anything more than company infomercials taken straight from an add. They just hold no value to me. They invariably leave out some of the best on the market because they didn't play the game or didn't buy the BIG ADDS. I wouldn't waist my time reading the junk. If I want an infomercial I'll turn on the TV.
Old 07-18-2006, 03:09 AM
Giant Nontypical

I get some of the same vibs shortdraw, contrary to their often boasting of their unbiased, we just tell it like it is claims. However, they are just very short "infomercials" and 18 of them. They rated them according to looks, speed, back wall and noise and they weren't flattering to some. For some on this site the Tribute was the fastest, but also the noisiest.
For the Mathews guys the Xt was the editors choice and the Darton Marauder was the best buy.Fred bear was the least expensive at 399 and aRytera bullet x was the most @ $1024cha ching (a martin spin off). The Reflex super slam ZR100 didn't get a lot of praise and the Trykon, if you were to take many of the things said here about it and put them together, they said the same. Not great, but not bad. One person even said the wall was spongy.

They were all parallel limbed bows.It was an OKreport worth reading.
Old 07-18-2006, 09:09 AM
Nontypical Buck

I read it again this morning a little more closely. I am puzzled as to why the Switchback was Editor's Choice when the Tribute had all the same, if not more praise, except for noise. All of the bows seemd to have the same high points and low points. It is good reading I think if someone is just looking get into the archery game because there are so many bows tested, many from manufacturers who really don't advertise much, but if you are seriously looking to buy a bow, don't base your judgement on that article, especially when judging Mathews, Bowtech, or Hoyt. They all need to be shot to make an informed decision!
Old 07-18-2006, 10:02 AM
Fork Horn

i'm with you yooper, the tribute seemed better in every way over the switchback, except for the noise. And that's not true.

Here is a list of the bows that were in the contest. From best to worst.

1 Mathews Switchback XT
2 Hoyt Trykon XT
3 Darton Marauder
4 Elite Archery E-Force KE
5 Bowtech Tribute
6 Ross CR334
7 Ben Pearson Stealth Hurricane
8 Archery Research Velocity
9 Parker Hornet
10 Rytera Bullet x
11 Browning Illusion
12 Diamond Liberty
13 APA Taipan
14 PSE Mach X
15 Fred Bear Instinct
16 Reflex Super Slam ZR100
17 Martin Slayer Extreme
18 Storm Elite
Old 07-18-2006, 10:20 AM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks IllinoisBow, I'm at work and don't have the magazine with me.
Old 07-18-2006, 10:46 AM
Giant Nontypical

Sounds about right to me.
Old 07-18-2006, 12:08 PM

ORIGINAL: Shortdraw

You realize of course you can't put any faith in these type of reports. I ask you, have you ever seen one of them come out and say, "this thing sucks". Have you ever seen them print, "Save your money and take your wife to dinner".
They pretty much said that about the Martin Slyer. I was shocked that they were as rough as they were on that bow, not that I have an opinion about the bow. But, they had some harsh words for it.

Quick Reply: Outdoor Life Bow Test 2006

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.