Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Does using a compound bow make you a sissy? >

Does using a compound bow make you a sissy?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.
View Poll Results: A poll
Yes, shooting a compound bow makes you a sissy!
13.68%
No, shooting a compound bow doesn't make you a sissy!
86.32%
Voters: 95. You may not vote on this poll

Does using a compound bow make you a sissy?

Old 07-18-2006, 09:12 AM

Default RE: Does using a compound bow make you a sissy?

Some of yall are bash'n rifle hunters and thats a load of bs. Not every one has the time to bow hunt and some can't do it either because of a disablity or old age. Ain't nothing sissy about hunting. Killing is killing no matter what your weapon is. I had to give up bow hunting due to a disablity, so I rifle and muzzle loader hunt now.
Old 07-18-2006, 10:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

But we both love archery and I think that is what really matters.
I think what matters is that no one confuses what makes a man manly with anything to do with what instrument he choses to hunt with. Hunting is a sport, a hobby, a recreation, something to do in your spare time for enjoyment. If you think how you do it or even if you do it makes you manly then you need to grow up. Like someone said, if you want know what makes a man then look somewhere other than this bs poll. Bob Dole once said that the measure of a man is in "how honest you are, in how you face adversity, and in your willingness to stand fast in hard places". Don't fritter away any time thinking about whether or not hunting with a compound bow makes you a sissy. If you want to be a man, think about how to be a good provider for your family. Think about how to be a good son or daughter or sibling and think about how to be a responsible citizen. Think about doing things that will leave the people around you better off because you lived. Personally, I think having a lifestyle that allows us the time to waste discussing such nonsense makes us all sissy's and I'm embarrassed to think I've contributed to it. Have a nice day gentlemen!
Old 07-18-2006, 10:17 AM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: Sylvan

I think what matters is that no one confuses what makes a man manly with anything to do with what instrument he choses to hunt with. Hunting is a sport, a hobby, a recreation, something to do in your spare time for enjoyment. If you think how you do it or even if you do it makes you manly then you need to grow up. Like someone said, if you want know what makes a man then look somewhere other than this bs poll. Bob Dole once said that the measure of a man is in "how honest you are, in how you face adversity, and in your willingness to stand fast in hard places". Don't fritter away any time thinking about whether or not hunting with a compound bow makes you a sissy. If you want to be a man, think about how to be a good provider for your family. Think about how to be a good son or daughter or sibling and think about how to be a responsible citizen. Think about doing things that will leave the people around you better off because you lived. Have a nice day gentlemen!
Very well said....no matter what equipment you use, traditional, crossbow, compound, flintlock or rifle, there are those using said equipment that have no business calling themselves a man. And I agree, a worthless poll.
Old 07-18-2006, 10:19 AM
bigcountry

The way I see it,is being a sissy is a state of mind. If one really has to question or care if they are percieved as a sissy, then most likely they are sissy longbow, spear or gun.

Old 07-18-2006, 10:42 AM

yah im a sissy thats why i shoot a compound....lol

were the hell did you get that???
Old 07-18-2006, 11:00 AM
Nontypical Buck

Let them shoot my 97 pound Samson...then we'll talk.
Old 07-20-2006, 12:10 PM
Spike

I think that anyone who worries WTF anyone thinks about using a compound is definitely a sissy. So yes that would make you a sissy. Sorry.
Old 07-20-2006, 12:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

IMHO, making a good shot on an animal is the most important thing you can do. I know alot of traditional guys and compound users who don't practice enough, and wound deer every-year. To me, that's the worst possible thing, yet these same guys seem to do it year after year......
Old 07-20-2006, 12:43 PM

i think this poll is about nubo - and its not his bow - its the pink and green camo that make people wonder.
Old 07-20-2006, 12:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

Quick Reply: Does using a compound bow make you a sissy?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.