Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

new bowtech

Old 07-17-2006, 12:38 PM
Fork Horn

Default new bowtech

well i finally did it, i bought a new bowtech tribute... it wasnt easy though, i had a really hard time making up my mind between the tribute and the switchback from mathews.. I went to 2 different pro shops about 3 times a piece before i finally made up my mind to go with the bowtech.. and the only reason was that the bowtech justfit me better... other than that they both are really super good bows, i wish i would have just went to 1 shop and bought one, so i didnt have to put myself through all of the greif of making a descision... it wasnt easy, but i have to say i really love the bowtech, i got it on saturday and ive shot it quite a bit over the weekend and wow.. im not used to no handshock after shooting my champion attack one for 6 yrs...its a lot of fun buying a new bow, but its not a lot of fun trying to make my mind up when im shooting 2 bows so close to one another in performance....
Old 07-17-2006, 12:41 PM

Default RE: new bowtech

Saweeet! I shot the tribute once and it was a really nice bow. Who knows, Maybe my next bow will be one.
Old 07-17-2006, 01:01 PM
Host of Hosts

I had the same problem as you did. I shot alot of bows at the beginning of the year and decided on a Hoyt Trykon over the Bowtech Allegiance, Tribute or the Mathews. I had some extra cash last month and wanted a backup bow, so I shot the Tribute and Mathews again. I bought the Tribute and I'm shooting it more than my Hoyt right now. Although I still love my Trykon the Bowtech is the most quiet bow I've ever seen come from the factory without a hundred dollars in add ons.
I think the more you shoot your Tribute the more you'll realize the Mathews would have been the wrong decision. Besides they are too slow.
Old 07-17-2006, 01:04 PM
Fork Horn

fightforyourguns, your right, it is the quiestest bow ive ever shot... its amazing, i know im happy...
cant wait to get home tonight and crank off a few more shots...heck i only have to move my pin(adjustable 1 pin hha sight) 1/4 inch between 20 and 40 yrs if that im just guessing.. but its amazing and im shooting the smooth module...
Old 07-17-2006, 01:13 PM
Giant Nontypical

I agree the "feel" can be somewhat similar (I actually own a brand new Switchback XT as well as the Tribute). But... when you throw in all the benefits of interchangeable draw mods, a rock-solid back wall, a FAR superior string straight from the factory, a whole lot better grip... Plus, as fight said above, you don't want to shoot too many Mathews through a chrono... Great bows, but boy can their owners become disappointed after seeing what the chrono lights up as opposed to what they were told the bow would do in print.

Again, not bashing the XT... If I couldn't shoot a BowTech, I'd be shooting the Switchback.

Congrads on your purchase; I think after shooting it a while, you'll see what I'm talking about up above.
Old 07-17-2006, 01:15 PM
Giant Nontypical

Congrats on the new bow. Now you have to go smack a monster with it this fall. What kind of speeds is your rig getting?
Old 07-17-2006, 01:15 PM

congrats again,
and wilk like you too i took me a while of getting used to the whole no hanshock thing but its definetly a plus for most of the new bows out now
Old 07-17-2006, 01:24 PM

tribute rocks!!!!
Old 07-17-2006, 01:37 PM
Giant Nontypical

how much did you pay for your tribute just the bare bow?
Old 07-17-2006, 01:49 PM
Fork Horn

i paid 700 flat...for bare bow..
the other pro shop i went to the matthews switchback xt was 649....
i didnt get to shoot mine through a chrono yet, but ill be sure to post it when i do...

Quick Reply: new bowtech

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.