HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   Redhead Arrows vs. Beman (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/148162-redhead-arrows-vs-beman.html)

Illini_Sportsman 07-16-2006 06:05 PM

Redhead Arrows vs. Beman

I currently shoot Redhead Carbon Supreme arrows. Cheapies, yes I know, but I bought a new bow last year and the old arrows did not fit as I also adjusted my setup, so I was in a hurry to buy new arrows as it was mid-season (probably a mistake, I'm sure). I have not killed a deer with them yet as I didn't harvest an animal with a bow last year and I used aluminum the year before that. However, during two years worth of target practice, I have not yet found fault in them. I was thumbing through North American Whitetail Magazine and saw a certificate for a mail-in rebate on any of the mainstream Beman hunting arrows. It doesn't say this applies only to arrows purchased from a dealership, so I thought maybe I could find them at a great price online and then also tack on this rebate. What would be the benefits of using the Bemans over these Redheads, or is there really going to be any at all? I'm sure they'd be a bit tougher, but would my accuracy or penetration increase at all? Also, these currently weigh in at 9.5 gpi according to Bass Pro. The Bemans are all less, some more than others. I thought going a bit heavier, especially in carbon, would be beneficial to penetration. Is that incorrect? If moving into a better arrow would truly help me out enough to warrant the money, which model should I go for, keeping in mind that all I'll be using them for is whitetails? Thanksto anyone who can offer some advice!

demoIL 07-16-2006 08:24 PM

RE: Redhead Arrows vs. Beman

I was also using that arrow but I was using the 350's which are 10.7 gpi.. Had good luck with them but I'm ready for a change out of them also.. I have a post going that is pretty much the same questions you have if you'd like to check it out then it might offer some good advise.

http://www.huntingnet.com/forum/tm.aspx?m=1602574

lte_622 07-16-2006 08:31 PM

its not for all the beman arrows just the ICS hunter hunter elitew and camo hunter.
But imho they are a lot better quality arrow as the redheads are Carbon Express Rejects

fatsbucknut 07-16-2006 09:45 PM

I used Redhead Carbon Supreme for two years and harvested several deer with them. I would recommend them to anyone. If you wanna try something new, go ahead and switch. But I dont think you'll have any problems with your currrent arrow.

Zach

Illini_Sportsman 07-16-2006 10:33 PM

Yeah demo, unfortunately I saw that right AFTER I posted this. Sorry, but thanks for the extra help from your thread. If I had been fortunate enough to kill a deer last season with these arrows, I wouldn't have to ask these questions. lte, or anyone else that wants to answer the question for that matter; What REALLY makes expensive arrows better? Would my accuracy or penetration improve significantly? That's really all I'm shooting for when I "upgrade" equipment, whatever will make me more efficient.

bowhuntt 07-17-2006 02:33 PM

Redhead arrows are made by carbon express they are not rejects however, i have shot redhead arrows for a couple of years and see no downside to them i have killed probably in upwards of 100 animals with redhead arrows. as far as price vs. quality yes its true that you get what you pay for. Thye accuracy will inprove with more expensive shafts but penetration on the other hand shanges with the KE of a setup. the reason redhead arrows are cheaper than those of carbon express is because of the name.

bowhuntt 07-17-2006 02:35 PM

Redhead arrows are made by carbon express they are not rejects however, i have shot redhead arrows for a couple of years and see no downside to them i have killed probably in upwards of 100 animals with redhead arrows. as far as price vs. quality yes its true that you get what you pay for. Thye accuracy will inprove with more expensive shafts but penetration on the other hand shanges with the KE of a setup. the reason redhead arrows are cheaper than those of carbon express is because of the name.

bowhuntt 07-17-2006 02:48 PM

I shot this water buffulo last week at 40 yards and a pass through with supreme 350s. I shot the supremes instead of the maxxs because of the cresting option

Illini_Sportsman 07-17-2006 02:58 PM

Would the accuracy improve significantly-enough out to a maximum range of 35 yards and within to warrant an upgrade to Bemans?

StumpJ 07-18-2006 07:53 AM

I don't think your small increase in accuracy, if any at all,will justify buying a more expensive arrow. I just swithced to carbon last year and purchased cabelas $35/dozen arrows to start with. They gave me good groups out to 35 yards. I was happy with them and even took a couple of deer with them. This year I swithed to GT's XT Hunter which were about twice the price and non the more accurate. When i am forced to get more arrows, I will be ordering the cabelas or redheads, which I believe are the same arrows with different names on them.