Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Ideas for a new forum >

Ideas for a new forum

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Ideas for a new forum

Old 07-14-2006, 11:19 PM

Default Ideas for a new forum

First off...no offense intended in any way, shape, or form...but...I've been hitting this site since at least 2000 if not since it's inception in the late 90's, and I really get frustrated with the same ole same ole topics again and again, which is certainly to be expected with new visitors and such...but really saddens me is that most of these posts surround topics about equipment, gadgets, and the "latest" in the technology of "whatever" that will make it easier for johnny come lately to pull one out of his/her arse and kill a deer. Can there not be a forum for folks that have been around the block, gotten their lumps, been successful, love the sport and can share seasoned experience with one another that newbies can read and post questions?
Old 07-15-2006, 12:05 AM

Default RE: Ideas for a new forum

I know what you're saying but I always figured we had a good mix around here. JMO

Old 07-15-2006, 12:10 AM
Nontypical Buck

I think its easier just to pick and chose the topics you want to read. You mostly know the users that hav ebeen here a while, just read their threads.
Old 07-15-2006, 03:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

True...

If anything...I think we need a "Gamecam Pics" forum. They have em on other boards...that'd probably take away some of the congestion.
Old 07-15-2006, 04:56 AM
Giant Nontypical

I know some guys like that. They are computor illiterate.I prefer the book forms and think most that have anything to say would rather be paid for their info. If it wasn't so you'd see them here.

Got something to say? Say it! 14 post since the 90's! Sounds like you maybe a guy to listen too.
Old 07-15-2006, 06:51 AM

yes, a new forum where i'm king would be nice, and to post in it you must send me $1 and your post for my inspection before it can be seen. of course for paypal i'd want you to ad 3.5% for handling charges.
Old 07-15-2006, 07:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

I understand what you are saying but I don't know that there is any way around it.You do see questions that have been asked many times before.What I always think about is that While it may be the 100th time I have seen a similar question it is the first time this person has asked it.If some one is asking a sincere question that I think I can answer and or contribute something to I will.

Old 07-15-2006, 08:39 AM
Fork Horn

One of the other forums I visit was complaining about a lack of posting lately. I suggested that some of the more experienced hunters had a tendency to get irritated with the same ol questions and topics. They also tend to be the ones telling the newer guys/gals to use the search feature rather than just answer the question again.

Now some topics (gadgets, broadheads, rests, arrows, etc...) could easily be searched on and found to have a TON of posts about. I believe that some topics could be answered by a simple search. BUT, I also believe that leads to the problem the other forum I post at has. THe lack of new posts. It might be better in the long run to just repost answers again and again rather than tell them to use the search feature. Even if your reply to the post just has a link to an older topic about what their asking.

Now, I don't know if a forum for the guys with experience is the best thing in the world. This is because they will tend to congregate there and not mingle with the newbies all that much. I have found that in life if you want to be great, you must surround yourself with greatness. I think if the older guys get tired of answering newbie questions, then just don't answer them.

I mean no disrespect to anyone with this post. I happen to be a newbie (relatively) to bowhunting and archery but not to other things. I have been in forums for a couple years now and that is just what I have seen happen. So I am speaking from experience in the way of forum dynamics between people.

What do you guys think?
Old 07-15-2006, 10:00 AM
Super Moderator

hehehehehe Gibblet. All hail KING GIBBLET.
Old 07-15-2006, 10:02 AM
Giant Nontypical

I don't see a problem with repetitive post. If you think about it every post under the sun has been talked about. You can also learn from newbies when they describe how their hunt went down the tubes. So next time little johnny gets on here and ask " If I fart in my treestand will it spook the big buck away?" Just bite your lip and say No Johnny no no, he will just think it was a buck snort.

Quick Reply: Ideas for a new forum

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.