HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   This Sucks (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/147937-sucks.html)

Andrew14 07-14-2006 11:39 AM

This Sucks

Just went out to shoot my bow and found that some one had pryed open my garage door. They took my bow my brother in laws bow and about 10 fishing poles and 2 tackle boxes full of lures. Well looks like im back to square 1. Police are investigating but sais there is so little evidence that i will more than likely never see my property again. Damn Theives Any suggestions on a new bow under 500 bucks.

early in 07-14-2006 11:44 AM

RE: This Sucks

Sorry to hear that, seems like nothing is safe anymore.[&o]

GR8atta2d 07-14-2006 11:46 AM

Hoyt MT sport 60-70 lb right handed
Copper John5 pin sight
sim limbsavers
string silencers
string loop, peep and kisser
6 arrow Quiver

ready to go with 8 easton arrows, just add release!

Also located in Ohio Youngstown area. $350

KodiakArcher 07-14-2006 11:49 AM

Bummer.[&o] I hope you've got homeowners or renter's insurance to cover the loss.

Take a look at the BowTech TomKat all rigged up for about $550.

NJ/PAbwhunter 07-14-2006 11:54 AM

Hate to hear that. I can tell you that I would bet it had to be somebody who knew what was in that garage. Check local shops to see if some crack head is trying to sell your stuff off cheap... also check local pawn shops. Most people who use sporting equipment like that of our sport would not stoop so low as to steal it... they work hard to earn enough money to buy it.
Being a retired law enforcement officer,makes me automatically think of some drug addict who needs a fix and saw your gear in the garage... investigate it yourself and do not hesitate to keep on the cops who are supposed to be handling it.
Good luck.

Andrew14 07-14-2006 11:57 AM

Gr8atta2d what draw lenght is the bow you are taliking about.

JoshKeller 07-14-2006 12:06 PM

Now you see why my bow and fishing gear (thats not locked in the boat) is in a locked case that I built in my attic.

Someone stealing my fishing gear would bankrupt me.

Kyle Colburn 07-14-2006 12:14 PM

Sorry to hear that. I'd check out some PSE bows, they are great and you can get some for under 500$. There are plenty of bows you can get set up for under 500$ so just go to a pro shop and check them out.

GR8atta2d 07-14-2006 12:27 PM

I believe 28" if my memory serves me well.

What part of Ohio are you in?? Close enough for a meet and greet and see it in person??

Grandviewer 07-14-2006 12:31 PM

Think inside job or fellow friend or neighbor and I bet there closer than you might guess like a teenager in the area. They new what they were looking for.:eek:I hope you catch the a$$ h***s.
I hope you had insurance and if not I hope you buy some after this cause it would have covered some of it.