HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   World Hunting Association? (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/147739-world-hunting-association.html)

MattTDS 07-12-2006 03:18 PM

World Hunting Association?

My name is Matt & I'm a producer at the Daily Show with Jon Stewart.

We are currently working on a story aboutthe World Hunting Association and their method of nonlethal hunting (tranquilziers, et al).

We're trying to find hunters in the Detroit area who are opposed to this practice. We will be in the areaon 7/25 and would like to interview some hunters then.

Please e-mail me if you're in the Detroit area (or can be there on the 25th) and are seriously opposed to this form of hunting.

Thanks!

-Matt
[email protected]

Buck Magnet 07-12-2006 03:46 PM

RE: World Hunting Association?

I'm sorry, the Daily Show with John Stewart? And you want to interview hunters who are seriously against the WHA? Im sorry but I just can't see the Daily Show portraying hunting in the form that all of us on this board see it. Call me crazy but I don't want hunting/hunters to be the butt end of some jokes on comedy central.

A.D.D. BOY 07-12-2006 03:51 PM

I second that.

Rob/PA Bowyer 07-12-2006 03:58 PM

I third that Buck Magnet but unfortunately they will get some bubba guy and portray him poorly which would be a black eye for us all. Nothing good could come of a comedy show during a serious piece such as this.

hardcorehunter 07-12-2006 04:07 PM

I suggest anybody interested to find out whether Jonn Stewart is a hunter or outdoorsman 1st. If he is a prohunter then he will do it right; if he is an anti hunter peta loser than stay out of it. HCH How about it Matt; what is his stand on hunting?

bowsmacker 07-12-2006 04:31 PM

Jon Stewart is a bleeding heart liberal.

See what happens when we all look like jackasses arguing up a storm against other hunters....

This all goes back to the image of the hunter, and its pretty funny.

Im sure they will show the ones that show up with beer on their breath wearing nascar hats yelling and screaming (although I dont think that would be far from the truth the way people have been acting on this forum)

Good job everybody. Way to go

Germ 07-12-2006 06:21 PM

ORIGINAL: bowsmacker

Jon Stewart is a bleeding heart liberal.

See what happens when we all look like jackasses arguing up a storm against other hunters....

Im sure they will show the ones that show up with beer on their breath wearing nascar hats yelling and screaming (although I dont think that would be far from the truth the way people have been acting on this forum)

on Stewart is a bleeding heart liberal.

Thx WHA and Farbman, but you can tell him that from me the next time you talk to him.

Justin 07-12-2006 06:36 PM

My immediate reaction to this thread is the same as many others. However, if we don't have to have a "bad" representative of the hunting community speak on our behalf - on a nationally watched show - why doesn't someone offer to do the interview? It seems that in this case running to hide from the problem is only going to make it worse.

If I were in the Detroit area I would be more than happy to do it. But alas, I am not.

Tell Johnboy to send someone to Chicago and we'll talk. :D

mobow 07-12-2006 06:42 PM

Justin, you are right, but the sad part is this. Just like every other politically motivated tv show out there, they are going to edit out anything that doesn't agree w/ his point of view. And if they do, they will make fun of it so that it appears we are wrong. IMO, he can take a flying leap!

I see he left his email address. I for one, will be using to find out what his point of view on this topic is. I suggest everyone here do the same, and in fact, if he is opposed to hunting, I will boycott his show, as I suggest everyone else here do as well.

A.D.D. BOY 07-13-2006 01:49 AM

His show is boring anyways, I cant stand it.