Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Tinks products.....glass or plastic >

Tinks products.....glass or plastic

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Tinks products.....glass or plastic

Old 07-12-2006, 02:31 PM
Typical Buck

Default Tinks products.....glass or plastic

I may be wrong here but since Tinks 69has switched from glass bottles to plastic it just doesn't seem to be as effective. I have had a couple other hunters tell me the same thing. If you use the product have you notice the difference?? Just curious.
Old 07-12-2006, 02:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Tinks products.....glass or plastic

I guess I haven't noticed a difference, but I was surprised they went to plastic. I've always had more confidence in glass as far as keeping fresh goes though.
Old 07-12-2006, 07:07 PM

I GAVE UP ON TINKS LAST YEAR AFTER USING BUCK BOMBS
Old 07-12-2006, 09:35 PM

I really liked the galss also. The stuff just seemed fresh for ever.. Not so happy with plastic, just think about a good beer what would you rather have?

Tim
Old 07-12-2006, 10:39 PM
Typical Buck

It seems to me that it was a gradual switch from glass to plastic over the past couple of years. I remember everything used to be in glass and thoughout the past couple of years I would buy a bottle and it would glass, buy another and it would be plastic. I think now it's all plastic though......amber colored plastic. hehe
Old 07-13-2006, 12:33 AM

I've used both and neither of them seem to be effective in my area. Late archery season happens to fall just after the rut though, so that could be part of the reason why.
Old 07-13-2006, 07:03 AM

The switch from glass to plastic is stricklyto cut costs and make more money. Ideally, urine should be stored in amber, glass containers to minimize the degradation and turning it into ammonia. Most commerically available urines contain a preservative. My experience is that the ones that contain preservatives and/orbottled in plasticbottles are not as effective as the fresh urines bottled in amber glass containers. Also, urines without preservatives must be refrigerated to insure that they do not degrade. Even in amber, glass, refrigerated enviroment, freshly collected urine has a shelf life of about 120 days. With all this said, I don't understand why anyone would use anything with preservatives in it. I only use freshly collected refreigerated deer urine and have quite successful in consistently attracting bucks and does.
Old 07-13-2006, 07:59 AM
Typical Buck

I think I just gt into the habit of using the tinks. Not that it was the best but probably because I knew alot of guys that used it.I had luck with it and shot some good bucksusing it, but likeI say it was more habit then anything. The mighty media may also have done me in. If I can ask pdaddy what do you use or suggest. I am open to change.
Old 07-13-2006, 08:25 AM

Copper31
If you will email meI will [email protected]we can discuss it.

Old 07-13-2006, 09:39 AM
Nontypical Buck

I attended some seminars on scents given by Tink Nathan quite a few years ago. He was quick to point out [then] how important it was that they used amber colored glass containers for their product. I imagine it was a cost cutting move that made this surprising switch take place.

Quick Reply: Tinks products.....glass or plastic

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.