Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Peep Location??? >

Peep Location???

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Peep Location???

Old 07-11-2006, 09:04 PM
Fork Horn

Default Peep Location???

I'm having problems sighting in my bow and was wondering if my peep may be off a little.I read in a book if you close your eyes and draw your bow,when you open your eyes you should be looking through your peep.I did that while in the houseand it seemed fine.Today while shooting in the yard I happened to catch myself tilting my head down everytime I drew to see through the peep.It was very little but I figured a little is a lot 30 yards away.Would that cause my sites to shoot low.Right now I have my 30 yard pin set to shoot as high as it will go and it still shoots about 6 inches too low.I thought to go look at my old sightsand noticed that they were maxed out as high as they would go as well.New archer here so forgive the lack of knowledge.
Thanks,
James
Old 07-11-2006, 09:24 PM

Default RE: Peep Location???

im a huge noob, but i would think that if your peep is too low, wouldn't you fix it just to rule that out? i would fix it even if it wasn't the cause of the problem. But again, im a noob.
Old 07-11-2006, 09:33 PM

BamaHuntin ... As in the State? I am from Alabama and miss the pines now that I am in Texas ... If the peep was OK then all of a sudden it changed I wouldthink one of two things. The peep slipped on the string or you changed your anchor point some. Just a thought
Old 07-11-2006, 09:52 PM
Fork Horn

I plan to fix the peep regardless I was just wondering if it could becausing my problem?I believe it's a problem that I'vebeen shooting with but I did'nt notice until I got a new sight.I kept adjusting and adjusting until it was set to shoot as high as it would go then I thought whats wrong.Just out of curiousity I checked my old sight and could see where I had done the same thing and adjusted the sight all the way but I guess it had enough adjustment to get me up there.
My biggest question is I did'nt know if raising my peep would make me shoot even lower or maybe it's my problem all together.Like you mentioned, I'm going to fix it I was just wondering if it's supposed to bring my arrows higher or lower.
Man I feel like a geek,I'll get'r figuered out though.
James
Old 07-11-2006, 10:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

Can you move your whole sight lower and still clear the arrow, that should solve your problem of bottoming out your pins.
Old 07-12-2006, 03:09 AM

Your peep should always be perfect when you anchor. And the draw back with your eyes closed method is the best way to determine if it has moved any. I mean, if the rear sight on the back of your rifle moves, to just adjuxt for it with the front? I dont think so. Make sure your peep is in the right place every time or it WILL have an effect on your arrow.
Old 07-12-2006, 07:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

When fully drawn your peep should be on a parallel line with your eye. Additionally I adjust the frame of my front sight to line up with my peep. If you have all three lined up you set the pins and you should be consistant
Old 07-12-2006, 10:58 AM
Fork Horn

Are you going to take it back to Wileys and have them check it for you?
Old 07-12-2006, 11:20 AM
Fork Horn

Going to try and take it to Wileys today and have them look at it.I already triedmoving the whole sight lower and it still shoots low.Hopefully I'll be able to get it figured out today.
Thanks,
James
Old 07-12-2006, 02:28 PM
Fork Horn

Let me know what you find out.

Quick Reply: Peep Location???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.