Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 anyone try under armour cold gear?? >

anyone try under armour cold gear??

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

anyone try under armour cold gear??

Old 07-10-2006, 06:47 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: anyone try under armour cold gear??

I didn't notice much of a difference from anything else. Bought it at 30% off from dick's. I'm 90% of the time sitting still though and believe most who enjoy it are active. I won't buy anymore if that answers you question. Still looking for the right cold weather gear.
Old 07-10-2006, 06:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

I used it the last two seasons and it works great, as far money the shirts go for about $59 and the pants around $69. As stated above keeps you warm and wicks sweat great. Walt
Old 07-10-2006, 07:28 AM
Giant Nontypical

Love it... very comfortable. Works great.... Just bought a new mock turtleneck
Old 07-10-2006, 07:34 AM

nodog,

Try www.justincharles.com. Here in Minnesota I use the Armour Cold Gear as a base and the Justin Charles over that as a second layer when the temps really drop. This allows me to sit still on stand longer and not to have to wear a heavy jacket when bow hunting so it won't interfear with drawing the bow. The two together are overkill any other time of the year. You might like the JC better than the Armr, all though the JC is quit a bit more expensive. Around $150-200 top and bottom.
Old 07-10-2006, 04:42 PM
Fork Horn

don't waste your money unless you do a lot of walking while hunting. doesn't keep you as warm as the traditional stuff if you are sitting, but does keep the sweat away from your body if you are out walking a lot.
Old 07-10-2006, 05:16 PM
Giant Nontypical

Thanks outdoors!
Old 07-10-2006, 06:50 PM
Dominant Buck

I wear the Blue Undies as a base layer. If it get's colder I throw on a set of SmartWool. It's great stuff, light weight and doesn't itch. Probably the same stuff as the JC talked about above. If it gets real cold I have a couple other sets of stuff to throw on and wool shirts. I detest big bulky jackets also. I'll put on 4 light to mid weight layers first.
Old 07-11-2006, 09:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

Yep in my experience al of teh Under Armour stuff does what it claims to do. It's good stuff. I just wish it wasn't so expensive.
Old 07-11-2006, 11:09 PM

Didn't like it. Too stiff...To hot. Would rather have a thin silk weight poly pro layerwith thin100 wt polar fleece layer (under a light weight rain shell in winter)... but then again I'm on Kodiak, not in Texas. Wendy

Old 07-12-2006, 05:12 AM
Dominant Buck

Can someone tell me what Under Armor does that ordinary spandex workout leotards don't ? The material content labels for both are nearly identical . I could see where a fleece lining might make a small difference compared to just spandex , but I can buy both way cheaper than UA .

Quick Reply: anyone try under armour cold gear??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.