Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Mossy Oak/Biologic Stance on the WHA >

Mossy Oak/Biologic Stance on the WHA

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Mossy Oak/Biologic Stance on the WHA

Old 07-08-2006, 01:51 PM

Default RE: Mossy Oak/Biologic Stance on the WHA

First off, I far from approve of the idea of the WHA nor will Ipatron an organization that supports them, BUT you have to realize that Mossy Oak is a business and the bottom line comes down to what will make them money. And they have to have figured that for every hunter, etc that won't buy from them now they will get 10, 100 that will thanks to the marketing and publicity of being a sports sponsor. Because there are people who will flock to the "sport" and all it entails. (think NASCAR)
Old 07-08-2006, 06:13 PM

I apologize if I missed it somewhere, but is there, or does anyone have a list of sponsors for WHA.

Like others have said, until MO says "NO!" to WHA, I'll not buy anything from them.
Old 07-08-2006, 11:00 PM
Spike

Bobby Cole of Biologic in no way is the spokespeerson for the entire clan of Biologic or Mossy Oak nor does he write produce or direct the "Advantage" show. I don't believe Mossy Oak is a sponser of the Blunt Hunting (WHA) competition either. Contact one of the VPs to find out what MO's position is on the WHA.
Old 07-09-2006, 04:56 AM
Boone & Crockett

Sent my email just now voicing my displeasure.
Old 07-09-2006, 05:06 AM
Nontypical Buck

Kevin:

Thanks for bringing this one up. I sent an email to Mr. Cole. I tried to be civil but convincing that the whole concept is a bad one. We'll see what happens.
Old 07-10-2006, 07:59 AM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: engie

Bobby Cole of Biologic in no way is the spokespeerson for the entire clan of Biologic or Mossy Oak nor does he write produce or direct the "Advantage" show. I don't believe Mossy Oak is a sponser of the Blunt Hunting (WHA) competition either. Contact one of the VPs to find out what MO's position is on the WHA.
Just because you're not the official "spokesperson" of a company, does not mean that you do not represent the company in your actions and rhetoric towards the outside public. Bobby Cole should know that.

No,MO nor BLmay not be a formal sponsor of the WHA, but they ARE in fact a sponsor of one of the loudest mouthpieces for the WHA(and collaborator since he's managing the deer-farm they'll be using). The fact that they are keeping an "open mind", basically means that they will remain officially non-commital, while waiting for the idea to "settle" and eventually be "accepted". At which point they will officially come out in support of the WHA. I hate to sound like a sith, but you're either with us or against us on this. I believe it says in Ephesians " be either cold or hot, but not lukewarm..." or something to that effect. That may be a bit out of context, but that's the way I beleive most of us feel.

Point blank.... if you do not openly and ardently oppose this organization, then you are to blame for its rise and entrenchment.

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing..."
Old 07-11-2006, 05:37 PM

This just in from AT...Wal-Mart is a sponsor of WHA!!!

They also had this article on their site...better run over to see what all the fuss is about

The use of non lethal weapons in the pursuit of whitetails

By Henry Chidgey

I, for one, can see no reason why we as sportsmen, should not support and consider the use of non lethal weapons as another form of interacting in nature with the elements and wildlife. Some of the letters I have read recently concerning the new World Hunting Association seem very reminiscent of the arguments about traditional vs compound bows, inline scoped muzzle loaders vs flint locks, single shot vs semi auto rifles, etc. In my judgment, the weapon we use is much less important that the efforts and behaviors we put into being great wildlife stewards. For the life of me I cannot get upset about someone hunting with a bow or rifle to immobilize a whitetail, take the animals picture, and that person feeling good about the skill and patience it took to accomplish this with an animal like a whitetail deer. As a matter of fact, I can envision this being used as a tool to allow more whitetail bucks to reach maturity and even engage a larger segment of our population in pursuit of wildlife and the appreciation for the total ecosystem that we and the wildlife live in.

A hunter is best defined by his or her ethics, not by the weapon they use. I’ve heard some die hard traditional bowhunters talk about using blunts to shoot at wildlife (and some domestic animals). I’ve seen rifle hunters that have never fired their weapon before coming to hunt. I’ve seen all kinds of “hunters” take “I had to try, you know” shots and never even go follow up to see if they had wounded the animal. Hunting is about respect for the wildlife, the habitat, and our fellow human beings, hunters, non hunters, and anti hunters. Thank goodness the great majority of folks I see these days, especially in QDMA, are passionate about the habitat and wildlife. They probably are better described as wildlife and habitat stewards who hunt. That hunting includes lots of non lethal activities, like photography, habitat development, scouting, etc. It may also include trapping for predator control, depredation hunting to remove excess does, cutting down trees to improve browse, planting trees, burning native grasses, etc. I think this idea of non lethal hunting as another part of being a wildlife and habitat steward is exciting and well worth the effort of further investigation.

As far as this World Hunting Association Contest thing goes, I think the impact on hunters and non hunters will depend completely on how the producers and participants conduct the contest and use the show as not only an opportunity for selling hunting stuff, but selling the role, we as wildlife stewards have in enhancing and protecting the habitat (including fatally harvesting the appropriate number of whitetails for the carrying capacity of the wildlife). The impact on anti hunters we already know, they will attempt to spin the story to further their agenda of putting an end to legal hunting. At the end of the day they don’t really matter, the non hunters have the numbers. Our job is to engage more and more non hunters into the experience of the excitement of seeing a whitetail without the animal ever knowing you are there and then having the skill to hit the animal with a bullet, arrow, or dart. Once they experience that, they, like many of us will be hooked for life.

I support the effort David Farbman and his associates are making and agree this is another opportunity for all hunters to stand together. I would also challenge Mr Farbman to have his and his associates’ actions be absolutely consistent with his words. I hope he is a man of honor. Time will tell.
Old 07-11-2006, 06:40 PM
Boone & Crockett

What a crock of garbage this guy is spewing and if an anti wanted a bible against hunting, that man just spewed it, painting hunters in a bad light throughout his writing. He is trying to dig into the depths to find/coax all of us that are against it to turn tail and he did just the opposite for me. If I could be more against it I suddenly am and have zero respect for this Henry Chidgey, whoever he is.
Old 07-12-2006, 04:04 PM

Pepto Bismol is also getting cheese from this WHA thing. They are causing stomach aches all over the place....I think im going to throw up after reading this thread!!! They must be involved and they MUST make a stance against them publicly or Im never going to buy that stuff again!

Perhaps a visit to the HNI Forum Rules thread is in order or your stay here will be a short one and I'm refering to what I had to edit out....
Old 07-12-2006, 07:30 PM
Typical Buck

Just another paid henchman by the looks. I'm telling ya, we're in for the fight of our lives my friends, andeven if we are able to squash Farby and Co., make no mistake there will be manyothermoney/fame grubbingbottom feeders lined up right behind the WHA---Farby just opened pandoras box.

Oh well,prepare for thefirefight.....toss me another clip brothers, we're diggin in...

Quick Reply: Mossy Oak/Biologic Stance on the WHA

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.