Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Switching to the Dark Side... >

Switching to the Dark Side...

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Switching to the Dark Side...

Old 07-01-2006, 01:58 PM

Default Switching to the Dark Side...

Hey all

i've been gone for a while, my computer crashed, i got a new one and then i've been busy with bass tournaments and working on food plots and stuff so i really havent had a ton of time for the computer.

Either way, as of today, I'm eating my words on Bowtech Archery. I've shot Mathew's pretty hardcore and said i'd never shoot bowtech the last couple years,but I decided to get a new bow this year. The guy that owns the pro shop where i go drew Non-res late ML tags in Iowa and we're letting him hunt out land with his son this year. in return, i get to go into his shop, pick out any bow i want, and he'll just throw my HHA and WB on it for free. I went in leaning towards the Tribute and Allegiance from Bowtech. I shot the Trykon XL from hoyt and Switchback XT from Mathew's. Overall, there's no competition. I picked the Bowtech Allegiance. Mine comes in monday, but im picking it up thursday or Saturday. Yeah, i'm pretty pumped. I suppose i'll be shooting Carbon Express Maxima's for some new arrows, i havent decided yet. the big three manufacturers all make great bows, but IMHO, bowtech is the front runner right now. i guess it feels pretty good to be coming over to the dark side

ds37
Old 07-01-2006, 02:02 PM

Default RE: Switching to the Dark Side...

AHH...and a wise choice that was partner!! what are the specs on the one you are getting? what camo? here is mine!

Old 07-01-2006, 02:04 PM

Congrats on the new Bowtech. I was in the same boat as you and shot all the big 3 bows. I ended up with the Tribute and couldn't be happier. Bowtech's are the fastest, smoothest, most accurate bow in my opinion. Enjoy !!!
Old 07-01-2006, 02:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

congrats wish i had the money
Old 07-01-2006, 02:09 PM
Banned

Congrats on the new Bowtech.I just bought myself a Tribute.I still like my Trykon a little better but not by much. HCH
Old 07-01-2006, 02:10 PM

We're setting up draw length when it gets in, it'll be either 29 or 29.5" draw on it, 70#, im assuming the mossy oak obsession pattern on it. my wingspan is 76"(75" is 30" draw) but i have pretty big paws so 30" is a tad bit long on me. i liked the tribute but i'm not big into short bows so i just opted for the Allegiance. bow are amazing bows. so much speed in them with next to zero vibrations and noise.
Old 07-01-2006, 04:18 PM
Giant Nontypical

Funny... A few years ago, "switching to the 'Dark Side'" used to mean you were picking up a Mathews.

Congrats on your new baby; you're gonna love her!

We invited a couple over for BBQ last night, and he'd just picked up an XT; I let him draw my Allegiance a few times, and I think he's having some serious second thoughts!
Old 07-01-2006, 05:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats on the new bow, and "the darkside" is still Mathews in Texas.

Old 07-01-2006, 07:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

congrats on the new bow
Old 07-01-2006, 09:38 PM

Mathew's is based about an hour away from here so Bowtech is the dark side around these parts. to be honest, i thought the XT drew a little easier, but the Allegiance was smoother through the shot. don't get me wrong, both are good bows..Trykon's nice too...but Allegiance..I dunno, I'm thinking having to wait a week is gonna be a while. One thing i will say with the XT is that Mathew's has slimmed the grip down a little, for a while i was considering just pulling the grip off my LX and shooting bare riser because i kept torquing my bow hand.

Funny thing is, the pro shop i go to used to be Mathew's/Hoyt and the owner told me when i got my LX that he wouldn't need to carry BT because Mathew's/Hoyt was by far better..eating his words now..ha..

Quick Reply: Switching to the Dark Side...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.