Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Why do you hunt? >

Why do you hunt?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Why do you hunt?

Old 06-29-2006, 07:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Why do you hunt?

"I hunt deer because I love the entire process; the preparations, the excitement, and sustained suspense of trying to match my woodslore against the finely honed instincts of these creatures. On most days spent in the woods, I come home with an honestly earned feeling that something good has taken place. It makes no difference whether I got anything; it has to do with how the day was spent."

"Life in the open is one of the finest rewards. I enjoy and become completely immersed in the high challenge and increased opportunity to become for a time a part of nature. Deer hunting is a classical exercise in freedom. It is a return to fundamentals that I instinctively feel are basic and right."

Fred Bear

I always loved that guy and can really relate to the reasons he gave to your question.
Old 06-29-2006, 07:36 AM
Boone & Crockett

I started hunting when I was 7 years old. I lived on a farm.A ression hit.My dad made me kill to eat. I f I did not come home with a rabbit or what ever he sent me to get he would beat me.
Old 06-29-2006, 07:40 AM
Typical Buck

For the sausage, tenderlions, and burgers!

For the thrill of it all!!!
Old 06-29-2006, 07:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: cardeer

I started hunting when I was 7 years old. I lived on a farm.A ression hit.My dad made me kill to eat. I f I did not come home with a rabbit or what ever he sent me to get he would beat me.
That's sad, clearly your father was a scum bag. If at such a young age your introduction to hunting was so traumatic, what makes you want to hunt now? I think a lot of people with such a beginning would want to distance themselves from such a bad experience.
Old 06-29-2006, 07:57 AM
Nontypical Buck

IT KEEPS ME SANE!

Its a passion for the enjoyment, challenge, and reward of becoming totally involved with mother nature, while trying to harvest one of her creatures for food. I love the hrs of preparation from walking the woods, observing such magnificent creatures, preparing my equipment, and myself for the moment of truth.
In the past yrs I've come to learn teaching my children has become a even larger enjoyment than the experiences I had alone. On fathers day my oldest son thanked me for showing him the true love of hunting!
Old 06-29-2006, 08:15 AM

To connect with my natural self. Inner peace, reflection, to really touch and feel what is truly important. To see thebeauty of nature. When I am hunting I feel a deep connection to God and his world. It is a time of deep reflection and thanksgiving. When you are able to eat somethingthat was harvested as nature intended it is antruly humbling and awesome thing.
Old 06-29-2006, 08:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

First and for most the meat(with a family of six,any cut in the grociries is great),I get 2 deer and a elk every year,my wife gets a deer.
I love the outdoors,keeps a person sane.
Like the fun it brings with family and freinds,I will never forget the look on my daughter when she was 3 and I shot a big doe,you could see right then she was going to be a hunter.All of my kids love to hunt,they get just as excited as their old man.
BBJ
Old 06-29-2006, 08:46 AM
Fork Horn

Just being abe to see mother nature come alive as you set in your stand before daylight and the experiences you will have that you will never forget even though hunting is'nt all about harvesting a animal it sure does feel good when all your hard work pays off.
Old 06-29-2006, 10:03 AM

When I first started bow hunting, it was because I wanted to kill a deer, then another, then another. You know, get that first kill under your belt, get the head mounted, etc. However, that wore off about 10+ years ago. Now, I hunt for several reasons: I like getting into the woods and leaving my troubles at home or at work, I love the fall with changing leaves, cold temps in the air, geese flying south, I like sunrises deep in the woods, I like to watch deer feed in my area withoout them even knowing I am there watching, I like just being away from people so I have time to think, I like the thrill of nailing a deer with a bow and feeling good about packing the freezer with some good steaks and roasts. The thrill of bagging a trophy is gone. I have gotten a ew 8 pointers and some day it'll be nice to get a 10+, but I am not focused on that. If it comes, it'll come...but I will take a doe over a buck anyday.
Old 06-29-2006, 10:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

It`sa big part of who I am and what I am?
I could sit hereall day typing and giving all kinds of reason why I do it?
But I am afraid I would leave out so many other good reasons.
I guess It for these reasons most! It`s how God made me" And how my family raised me'Its somethinggood that was passed on to me and something I want to pass on to others.
It is something that gives me great pride and at the same time humbles me. rta47

Quick Reply: Why do you hunt?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.