Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Chippewa Tree Stand >

Chippewa Tree Stand

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Chippewa Tree Stand

Old 06-28-2006, 03:40 PM
Fork Horn

Default Chippewa Tree Stand

Has anyone had any experience with these treestands. I was looking into getting maybe the Chippewa Chief along with five extra rigging chains so i could take the stand with me and hang it up in several locations. But before i spend a whole lot of money on this stuff i was wanting some feedback from actual users. So what do you think
Old 06-29-2006, 03:48 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Chippewa Tree Stand

Never heard of them. Started down there site. Lots of pics of deer but little info on the actual stands. One stand was sitting on a deer in a trophy photo. I guess the guy used it as a weapon.LOL
Old 06-29-2006, 05:24 AM
Spike

Yes, I have a Chippewa and I love it. Expensive but I honesly can not think of an easier stand to put up. I use the chain for "permenant" type stand placement and the strap for walk in and put-r-up type applications, stap is lighter to carry around and makes less noise putting up. I have the Chief, my only negative comment is the seat, very hard not much padding. I took one of those closed cell pads you can buy, cut it to shape and glued it on the existing seat, much much better. Stand is quiet, light, rock solid and I would highly recommend it.
Old 06-29-2006, 05:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have the chief as well, as well as gorilla treestands and a summit climber. I prefer the chief the best cause after gettign a few gorillas stolen, this allows you have a stand up and no one will know, all thats there is the chain where you hang your stand. The seat isnt the most comfortable, but then again, i have never been in a stand that i would say is extremely comfortable. I highly recommend them. One your pegs are in the tree, you can have the entire thing set up and be sitting in a minute.
Old 06-29-2006, 06:18 AM
Fork Horn

My brother has one, but i'm not sure which one. As others have said, it's easy, light, and sturdy. Has a built in leveling system for those non-perfect trees. The seat is hard and I would recommend cutting and attaching a thicker foamed seat.
Old 06-29-2006, 08:09 AM
Typical Buck

I've seen them at harrisburg. great looking stand. yes, expensive. I'd give them a try though. owners are very nice folks.
Old 06-29-2006, 08:53 AM
Fork Horn

ive never heard of them i like the idea with the perminant chain strap were you can just come and hang your stand to this is something i will have to check. but by the sounds off the post its a pretty good stand.

Old 06-29-2006, 01:51 PM
Fork Horn

thanks alot for the replys guys you have just confirmed how great these stands are, once i can save up a little more money and figure out all my stand locations i going to go out and buy some. These stands just have such a great concept.
Old 06-30-2006, 08:16 AM

I have a Chippewa wedgeloc Brutus maximus. It is by far the best lock on type treestand I have ever used in my 35+ years of bowhunting. It is easy to set up, quiet and once you are in the stand it is solid as a rock. For years I didn't buy it because of the price, when I finally did I realized it is worth the price. I am in the process of ordering another one as well as a couple extra rigging set ups. Trust me you won't be disapointed with the stand.

Good Luck,

DetLieut
Old 12-31-2006, 03:09 PM
Typical Buck

I just found this thread while doing a google search looking for another chip stand.They are the best that I have ever owned and like I said,I'm looking for another.Wow this thread started way back last june

Quick Reply: Chippewa Tree Stand

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.