Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 What hooks do you screw into trees to hang stuff and what rope... >

What hooks do you screw into trees to hang stuff and what rope...

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

What hooks do you screw into trees to hang stuff and what rope...

Old 06-28-2006, 10:54 AM
Fork Horn

Default What hooks do you screw into trees to hang stuff and what rope...

do you pull your bow up with? Thanks. Do you guys just use regular screw in hooks from home depot to hang binocs, calls, backpack on etc... Thanks for the help
Old 06-28-2006, 11:10 AM
Spike

Default RE: What hooks do you screw into trees to hang stuff and what rope...

I don't use anything screwed into the tree...It damages the tree, makes me sweat doing it (scent control), and leaves a mark for other people to figure out where I have been.

What I do use is a green sinch strap...the same one that comes with the old Summit climbing stands...to attach things to. (I actually bought a few extra straps from summit for this purpose) I use a Kwiky Quiver, so I modifiedan extra bow mount with a metal plate to fit over the strap. It works great, is quick, silent, and fits on any tree I can get a climber up.

I use a standard nylon rope to pull my bow up and down with.
Old 06-28-2006, 11:12 AM
Nontypical Buck

i use a reel type hoist or a rope
and hang my bow by a bowhook or ez hanger
Old 06-28-2006, 11:30 AM
Nontypical Buck

I use the realtree ez hanger to hang my bow in the tree. To pull it up I just have a regular nylon rope that is 20ft. long.
Old 06-28-2006, 01:13 PM
Giant Nontypical

I use this gear retriever - it's the best $20 you'll ever spend. No tangling... ever. I did replace the bottom clip with a heavy duty aluminum carabiner clip.

To hang my gear, I use these el-cheapo generic hooks. I have at least four of them in my pack at all times. I buy these things by the dozen.

Old 06-28-2006, 01:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

Since I use a climber I put a bowattached a bow holder to my stand and I have a 20ft. cord that wraps around the end of the platform with a clip at one end to pull my bow up with.
Old 06-28-2006, 02:48 PM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: BowBuilder

I don't use anything screwed into the tree...It damages the tree, makes me sweat doing it (scent control), and leaves a mark for other people to figure out where I have been.

What I do use is a green sinch strap...the same one that comes with the old Summit climbing stands...to attach things to. (I actually bought a few extra straps from summit for this purpose) I use a Kwiky Quiver, so I modifiedan extra bow mount with a metal plate to fit over the strap. It works great, is quick, silent, and fits on any tree I can get a climber up.

I use a standard nylon rope to pull my bow up and down with.
What kind of climber do you use that dosen't leave marks? I use a loggy with rubber pads note to leave marks. Even with that I can still spot a hunted tree from 30 yrds.

I use an extra step for a bow holder. I carrry a few steps for low obsticals. My back pack gets clipped to my safty strap around the tree. The rest goes into my pockets.
Old 06-28-2006, 03:22 PM

If I'm on public ground where rules prohibit screwing anything into the tree, I have a bowholder attached to my Summit. Otherwise, I use a Realtree E Z Hanger 3. It has a couple of hooks on it to hang things on. I use nylon cord from the camping section of Wally World w/ a small caribiner attached to it to pull my bow up with.

Oh, I use a tree step to hang my pack on which also holds my quiver. Sometimes I use my pull rope and tie the pack to the tree.
Old 06-28-2006, 08:26 PM
Giant Nontypical

There's only one brand of screw-in type stuff that I will ever use: Cranford. They make the absolute best steps on the market, and they make smaller accessory hooks too.

Look around and you'll find a rope that's got clips on either end and is about 25 or 30 feet long; if memory serves me correct, it's made and packaged by HS Strut.
Old 06-28-2006, 08:28 PM

Memory does serve you correctly, Greg. HS does market one of those. They work good, too.

Quick Reply: What hooks do you screw into trees to hang stuff and what rope...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.