Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 WHA Issues Response >

WHA Issues Response

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

WHA Issues Response

Old 06-28-2006, 07:14 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default WHA Issues Response

The WHA has issued a response to a lot of the criticism they've been recieving. You can find it here:

http://www.huntingnet.com/news/news.aspx?news_id=594

The thing that stands out to me the most is that the entire response is directed towards the mortality rates of drugging these animals. There's nothing answering the majority of hunter's frustrations regarding the entire concept and principle of what they're doing. That is the biggest problem that people have with the WHA. The technicalities surrounding how they are doing it are really nothing more than that - technicalities. Drugging monster bucks in a high fence ranch for sport and monetary gain is still drugging monster bucks in a high fence ranch for sport and monetary gain any way you look at it.

Discuss
Old 06-28-2006, 07:20 AM

Default RE: WHA Issues Response

I'm not even gonna read their response...I don't care what they say there's no way to sugar coat what they're proposing. I just don't agree with it, it sickens me. I really hope they crash and burn.
Old 06-28-2006, 07:32 AM
Fork Horn

I've watched alot of their shows... "The Management Advantage"tv show is basically an infomercial for their consulting services. Just without the "..but wait! there's more!" part.... The show is informative and I've learned a few things from them, but NO MORE. [:@]The need to realize that their support of the WHA will cost them. [:'(]
Old 06-28-2006, 07:38 AM
Banned

ORIGINAL: turtleshell

I'm not even gonna read their response...I don't care what they say there's no way to sugar coat what they're proposing. I just don't agree with it, it sickens me. I really hope they crash and burn.
Yep me too!!
HCH[/align]
Old 06-28-2006, 08:28 AM
Typical Buck

Meaningless babble IMO that as others have statedskirts the true issue like usual-- about what I've come to expect.

Make no mistake thothey will continue to try to get this off the ground. One thing about big-money, big-ego businessmen, and that is thatthey REALLY hate to lose at anything... spazzes them right out.. Ethical hunters, sportsmen, and companies within the industry who stand behind them MUST keep the pressure on, wecannot slack! The head needs to be cut off and thrown in the trash, rather thanjust hitting it with a stick a few times and thenlet it recoverto strike again. The list of opposing orgs and companies is getting longer by the day, check around on other messageboards.(once I figure out how to copy and paste ithere I will)But we cannot relax on this one, it is far too important to the future of our heritage. E-mail or call anyone who will listen--manufacturers, sporting orgs,media, congressmen, senators, friends, neighbors, anyone.Martin/Archerytalk commited and officially stated their position with us yesterday--more will soon follow too. Gotta keep the pressure on tho...
Old 06-28-2006, 09:11 AM
Fork Horn

Nothing they say is going to fix what they are doing they are going to be sorry they didn't listen to the public outcry against it.
Old 06-28-2006, 09:56 AM
Fork Horn

I made it to this quote in the first paragraph..."great for the industry."

Yep, confirmed...all about the mighty $$$$$$$$$

And now, I will not watch Management Advantage.

Thanks!

Old 06-28-2006, 10:32 AM

Chuck Sykes has always been a ****** **** anyway..

Have ya'll noticed they replaced the original video with something a little more low key......
Old 06-28-2006, 10:42 AM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: turtleshell

There is nothing they have to say that will make me reconsider.
Old 06-28-2006, 10:46 AM
Giant Nontypical

Amazing, simply amazing. Did that individual not take the time to read the feedback we in the hunting community gave concerning their proposed venture? Nowhere in the first nine pages of posts in this particular forum do I recall major concerns about the methodology with which these deer would be drugged, or concerns about the safety therein, for that matter.

The premise behind the concept is what I saw as vile and irreprehensible; this is nothing more than a way the backers of this event see to make money -- and all the while hide behind the mantra that "this is good for the promotion of our sport."

If there's one thing I learned in my rhetoric classes while in graduate school, it was to be aware of your opponent and how he or she can use what you say to his or her advantage. There was absolutely no forethought of that whatsoever here, and if this travesty was instituted and allowed to proceed, it would provide ample fodder and ammunition for the adversary. What the promoters laud as "good for the sport" would turn into one of the biggest planks in the enemy's platform, irrespective of the fact that someone can safely drug a deer with low mortality rates.

Quick Reply: WHA Issues Response

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.