Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 WHA Issues Response >

WHA Issues Response

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

WHA Issues Response

Old 06-28-2006, 10:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: WHA Issues Response

Why not just get paintball guns and judge the shot as to where the mark is lol. This all absurd and rediculous.

The WHA has worked to implement the safest approach to immobilizing the deer in competition, has already been certifying its key personnel in the process and will have a licensed veterinarian at each competition to handle the post capture care of the animals. The veterinarian will be performing the following procedures:

[ul][*]Establish a clear breathing pathway[*]Check the body temperature and assist to maintain adequate body temperature[*]Check all vital signs[*]Dart removal and antibiotic treatment to the wound[*]Oversee the removal of the animal from the field to the protective recovery zone[*]Blood work and vaccinations[*]Administration of the reversing agent, or antagonist Tolazoline[*]Monitoring the health of the animal during the 24 hour recovery period in the protective recovery zone[/ul]
Old 06-28-2006, 10:49 AM
Boone & Crockett

PATHETIC![:@]
Old 06-28-2006, 11:12 AM
Boone & Crockett

I am now dumber because I read that[:'(]

Old 06-28-2006, 11:17 AM
Nontypical Buck

[blockquote]quote:

ORIGINAL: turtleshell

I'm not even gonna read their response...I don't care what they say there's no way to sugar coat what they're proposing. I just don't agree with it, it sickens me. I really hope they crash and burn.
[/blockquote]

There is nothing they have to say that will make me reconsider.
Double Ditto!!!
If they had any concern about the animals or what this is doing to archery/hunting they would drop this insanity.

Old 06-28-2006, 11:19 AM
Typical Buck

Just found out they are running a full page ad in Bowhunt America. BUT, according to another gent who just spoke with Bill Krenz (editor) directly, according to himit seems the WHA threw handfuls of money at Bowhunt Americafor a bunch of ads---"years' worth" in fact---but wanted to keep things "a surprise" for launchwhen questioned by Bill about what the WHA was about. Thus they were locked into the first adprinting, but since Bill found out what the deal really is, he cancelled the rest of the ads, gave them their money back, and dropped them like a hot rock. Altho some damage is done, it will not continue, at least there anyway. Thumbs up to Bill and Bowhunt America for standing with the majority.

What acheesey way of getting an ad in a hunting mag! IMO they know that no-one in their right mind will back them, so now theyhave to play smoke and mirrors...sheesh....
Old 06-28-2006, 11:22 AM
Nontypical Buck

Diesel, I know your paintball suggestion was tongue in cheek but you're not too far off the mark. Why not compete, if you absolutely must, with a camera instead.

If the WHA-holes manage to get this started somehow, I think I will create my own sport of hunting them with paintball guns .
Old 06-28-2006, 11:41 AM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: Double Creek

Chuck Sykes has always been a ****** **** anyway..

Have ya'll noticed they replaced the original video with something a little more low key......
They included the "everyman, joe-schmoe" type hunter in the video and alot about family and kids and the disabled guy..(that was a low blow right there)....

These guys have no shame.
Old 06-28-2006, 11:45 AM
Spike

The crazy thing is, they seem to actually believe they are fooling the true hunting community! They absolutely don't cover any of the issues and concerns that have been raised by hunters, and instead come out with this B.S.! The guy that wrote that response is seriously lacking in my opinion. Lacking in too many areas to list...........[:@]
Old 06-28-2006, 12:09 PM

Here is another thing to think about. Lets say that this joke of a organization actually makes it off the ground, what kind of ethics are going to be shown by the "hunters" or should I say "darters"? With money and prizes on the line, I wonder what kind of pot shots these "pros" would take? Considering that the darts wouldn't be as un-forgiving on a bad shot as a broadhead tipped arrow, I wonder if we will see running shots, shots through brush, or shots too far for the darters comfortable range. What kind of message is this going to teach the younger future hunterswho would watch this? It isn't possibly teaching them any skills that they would use while hunting in the true wilds of North America. It wouldn't teach them about proper shot selection or how to blood trail your deer.

The whole idea seems like a attempt for a bunch of guys with money to stroke their ego's. These "pro" hunters are more than like just friends and this organization is like a game of poker for these whackos, and the whole time they figure they can make some money off of it. These guys can't truly have a passion for the sport of hunting or they would take the money and put it to good use. How about setting up organizations to get inner-city youth involved in the outdoors, school programs that teach children the importance of hunting and its role in helping the ecosystem, how about setting up programs to help people who aren't physically capable get out and enjoy the outdoors, maybe spend some of that money on habitat restoration programs, research studies on the whitetail deer, ect.... If they truly were concerned about hunting, they would use their money to actually help promote the sport, no, these morons use their money to create a program that allows these jokers to stroke their ego, get their jollies by darting deer, get attention and on t.v., and the whole time make money off of it. It is sickening, truly sickening and I hope and pray this plan falls through and these pathetic excuses for hunters loose all the money that they have invested. They severly under-estimated the hunting community and acted as though we were little pieces of trash that couldn't stand in their way. I think the Farbman guy has a serious reality check comming.
Old 06-28-2006, 06:22 PM

high fenced minded idiots plain and simple[:@]!!!!!!!

there also giving texas a bad name[:@][:@][:@][:@]

Quick Reply: WHA Issues Response

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.