Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Need advice on bow site >

Need advice on bow site

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Need advice on bow site

Old 07-13-2006, 02:36 PM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Need advice on bow site

I have two that are very bright. The brightest that Ihave is on my new Tribute I bought last friday. This one is Very Bright andI have already been out in my yd well after dark to try it and can still see the pins. My other sight is a fuse and it is bright too; but not like this Black Gold Radiant with skycoil technology www.blackgoldsights.com
HCH
[/align]

Thanks for the heads up Hardcore.My site came today .It is like it has a light shining through it. I LOVE THIS SITE....took a while to get here but I feel much more prepared now in the LOW light hours.
C7
Old 07-13-2006, 02:48 PM

shoot instinctively and you dont need to worry about seeing your pins.
Not sure about which is best in low light though.
Old 07-13-2006, 03:18 PM

Chuck, the sight you are looking at is basically a Cobra Sidewinder made for BassPro. They are terrific sights, and very bright. In fact, some of the guys at the shop cover some of the fibre to dim them a bit.
Old 07-13-2006, 04:13 PM
Giant Nontypical

I use that skylight also, it is one bright dude in the early morning and late evening.
Old 07-13-2006, 06:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

If you want a sight that always has at least one bright pin, look at the Tru Glo models with the Tritium Fiber Optic pin. It works like night sights on a pistol. Looks normal in the daylight but still has just enough glow at night to not be overpowering. The best part about it is that it's always on 24/7, 365, for 20 years.

http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templates/links/link.jsp?id=0033059417096a&type=product&cm Cat=search&returnPage=search-results1.jsp&QueryText=tru+glo+tfo&N=4887& amp;Ntk=Products&Ntx=mode+matchall&Nty=1&a mp;Ntt=tru+glo+tfo&noImage=0
Old 07-13-2006, 06:23 PM
Dominant Buck

I use that skylight also, it is one bright dude in the early morning and late evening. Chris

Thanks all for the replies. I just compared it side by side with my old Cobra....absolutely no comparison. Last year I had a hog walk with in me about 15 yards away. It was early and I saw the silhouette but my site was black ..like nothing there. The hog walked away. I kept checking to see what timeIcould see out of my site...7:20 AM That is too late for a WMA . If you see anything on public property it will be real early ..REAL EARLY. I didn't know they made a site this good. I'm sure there are others but when I heard Hardcorehunter explaining about this one I was sold. Service though is lousy when ordereing from the company .Took nearly 3 weeks. Shipping is free but the site was 86.00 for the black one. I am very happy with the site and plan to shoot it in tomorrow from a 10 foot platform.
God bless,
Chuck7

Old 07-13-2006, 06:38 PM
Fork Horn

I think mine is called a Tru-glo extreme comes with a led light mounted on sight.
Old 07-13-2006, 07:23 PM

MOst sites are bright after dark but some are not so good in the morning. I use a vital bow gear site. I was told to take a flash light to it in the morning to get the light in the fiber optic. Hold it on it for a few minutes and it will last you till light. Use a head light for about 30 sec. and it will be bright as can be. Best of luck.
Old 07-13-2006, 07:26 PM
Dominant Buck

Hold it on it for a few minutes and it will last you till light. Use a head light for about 30 sec. and it will be bright as can be. Best of luck.
Thanks Real good idea.

When i was in the servicve i was the point man. I used to hold my compass that would glow in the dark into the headlights of my jeep for 2 minutes.It would glow all night.Thanks ..excellent idea.
C7