Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.
View Poll Results: A poll
Yes
32.73%
No
67.27%
Voters: 55. You may not vote on this poll

Peep Tubing

Old 06-27-2006, 03:11 PM

Default RE: Peep Tubing

hell no makes to much noise
Old 06-27-2006, 03:14 PM
Giant Nontypical

I'd rather be beat bloody by a length of peep tubing than ever put it on my bow......

With a properly tied string loop and a balanced bowstring there is no needfor peep tubing. I cringe everytime I see someone using a quality bowstring set-up that will not rotate and a string loop and they unknowingly are still using a 4lb peep and tubing. [:'(]
Old 06-27-2006, 03:20 PM

i agree with matt

Old 06-27-2006, 05:24 PM
Site Bouncer

I still use it.

I switched back after using the no tube type peeps. After a couple of yearsscrewing around with them trying to get my peep to stay where I wanted it to, I gave up. I would have it set right then when the weather got hot or cold it would move.......screw with it again....weather changes....screw with it again. I know if you use better quality strings it helps but even that is not a guarantee it won't creep.

I replace my tubingtwice a year (just before hunting and right after) and I never worry about it breaking at all. The silicone tubing is much better and stronger than the old latex type, much lighter too.Never had any problems with the silicone tubing. Mine is quiet, no more noise than without it. The key is to attach it properly. It should be just short enough to rotate the peep, that's it. If it's too tight it will put un-nessary stress on the tubing. Also, it should be attached by a clip and not tied on. This also is where many tubes fail, at the knot. If attached correctly even in the event of a break it will not "snap" back at you like some kind ofslingshot.

Most new bows don't come with the best quality strings, what do you do in this case? Throw away brand new strings and put on strings that won't creep on you?

Someone said having no peep tubing is one less thing to worry about, I see it completely the opposite. With the peep tubing I know my peep will be lined up perfectly every time no matter how cold, warm or condition my string is in at the time I pull it back.

Maybe I'm just old school.
Old 06-28-2006, 03:51 AM
Dominant Buck

Never even heard of the stuff. I just use the regular ole peep site.
C7
Old 06-28-2006, 09:49 AM

I use it and I use for consistantcy for an anchor and accuracy viewing my whole sight.I've talked to many bowhunter with just a peep that turned on them at full draw. No peep no shot!
The type of tubing does make a difference in noise levels from the release. The plan rubber ones are noisier than the silicone type. I have never had one break and hit me yet and I have had several break. When the tubing changes color to a lighter tone change it before it breaks. It takes less than five minutes to put another one on. The length makes a difference too. Too short and they are louder plus they cause a pull on your string that in my humble opinion results in an accuracy problem.
Hey if you're happy with your shooting with one why change!
Old 06-28-2006, 02:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

Just say no to peep tubing! Get slapped in the face and you'll wish you hadn't. Also, they area very easy to break and the peeps that need tubes really don't work so hot without it.
Old 06-28-2006, 08:14 PM

When I was new to the bowhunting thing, I thought the rubber tube was just part of the deal. It finally poped me in the face (luckly while practicing). I tried that damned "Hind Sight", which is in the trash now, that got me through a hunting season. I bought a new bow and the Bow Pro suggested a "Tru Peep". It does not require a tube. I am extreamly happy with it.
Old 06-28-2006, 08:28 PM
Banned

NO WAY. My old Trykon string was immediately replaced with a $100Winner's Choice string. Now my Trykon and my Tribute have high quality factory strings and so far the peeps are staying aligned like a Winner's Choice.WHY would anybody want a rubberband on there bow??? It is as primitive as hunting without a dropaway arrow rest. See my sig.
HCH
[/align]