Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.
View Poll Results: A poll
Yes
32.73%
No
67.27%
Voters: 55. You may not vote on this poll

Peep Tubing

Old 06-27-2006, 06:21 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Peep Tubing

For years I used it but switched this year. After I switched I had trouble with the peep moving side to side so i put a speed nock on which aligns the peep when you draw. That was a big help.
Old 06-27-2006, 09:37 AM
Fork Horn

I used to have it on my bow but it made a noticibe noise so i took it off and it quietied down
Old 06-27-2006, 12:25 PM
Fork Horn

I'm actually back to a peep sight this year after two years with the No-Peep. My groups aremuch closer once again. No one at the local archery shop is still using the No Peep.

In any event, I use elastic beading cord instead of the surgical tube.

The beading cord is super silent versus the loud slap of the tube.

You can get the beading cord at any Wal-Mart or fabric store.
Old 06-27-2006, 01:02 PM
Giant Nontypical

I'm old school. I still use the tube. I'll probably continue using it until they stop making the stuff.

I switched once, which didn't last long. My bow guy swore that "it'll turn every time, you don't need that silly tubing." So, as fate would have it.... you know the rest of that story. No need to retell it.

I promptly went back to the old faithful tubing.

Truth be known, I spend more time worrying about where I'm hanging my treestands, and which direction I'm going to watch than I spend worrying about my bow. I've got a setup that works, so I don't fuss with it.
Old 06-27-2006, 01:33 PM
Giant Nontypical

Your not dumb for taking it off .There are so many better option's on the market today and with a little time and effort they'll work flawlessly for you.
I started out with the tubing ,but after having it break a couple time's while setting up my bow ,I decided to get rid of it and go with the Fletcher True Peep ,which has worked well ever since . I certainly didn't want it breaking when I was bearing down on a shot of a lifetime .
I will be installing my no-peep for this season .

nubo
Old 06-27-2006, 01:49 PM
Giant Nontypical

No tube for me. Once the string is broke in your peep should rotate to the proper position every time. I use the 3/16th hole in my peep for hunting. I like the larger field of view.
Old 06-27-2006, 02:16 PM

tubing is loud and dangerous. A bunch of years ago mine broke and came back and hit me right in the eye. Compromising my eyesite is not worth it. I now use a string loop and a winner's choice string. No peep problems whatsoever. Even if you change the tube every year or whatever, how do you know the tube doesn't get nicked or damaged while hunting. Then at full draw POW! that thing breaks. Not for me.
Old 06-27-2006, 02:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

never had any noise also if youre good noise after you let the arrow go shouldnt matter
Old 06-27-2006, 02:41 PM

ORIGINAL: Oneshot7

never had any noise also if youre good noise after you let the arrow go shouldnt matter
Tell that to the people buying string leaches, limb savers,cat whiskers, stabalizers, STS's, etc, etc...
Old 06-27-2006, 02:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

lol i have some of those but mostly for vibration

Quick Reply: Peep Tubing

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.